cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIL service since 5 November

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since 5 Nov 2014 I have had nil service, or at best on the very odd occasion one bar, on my phone and O2 keep advising me that the mast is being fixed/undergoing maintenance/awaiting access to mast etc etc.  Well, it just isn't good enough!!!!  TuGo maybe ok for calls & text but not for anything else and it and the lack of service seems to run the battery down very quickly.

I persuaded 17 others from my practice to change to O2 who all suffer the same at present and it looks like we will all be changing to EE/Vodafone if things don't change more quickly to the level of service we had before 5 Nov.  It is also extremely embarassing when I'm on call and away from my limited wifi coverage.

O2 what are you doing?   

LL65 4UP

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Would you not have a landline?

I think the issue is ->

op said

"It is also extremely embarassing when I'm on call and away from my limited wifi coverage."

Message 12 of 22

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The problem is this is obviously a GP practice suffering these problems. As they are all on O2 it could pretty well be crisis point. I would change as quickly as possible if this was anything to do with me...

I am amazed they've waited this long aren't you @Cleoriff .....as a business after 4 weeks I'd have gone even if it meant paying up the contract terms, the cost of which probably would be covered under a business insurance.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

The problem is this is obviously a GP practice suffering these problems. As they are all on O2 it could pretty well be crisis point. I would change as quickly as possible if this was anything to do with me...

I am amazed they've waited this long aren't you @Cleoriff .....as a business after 4 weeks I'd have gone even if it meant paying up the contract terms, the cost of which probably would be covered under a business insurance.

I certainly wouldn't be waiting any longer. (or even hoping for improvement in coverage) If the doctor on call is on a visit to any patient and can't get a signal if they need hospitalising then its time to change now...

I am sure as 17 in the practice have the same issues there could be some sort of recompense but that wouldn't be my immediate priority

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the comments, more meaningful responses than we get from O2!

As a temporary measure we have a number of Pay & Gos with other providers (which do not seem to have the same service issues locally) but the problem is then all the different numbers especially as some of our mobile accounts go back to the early days of BT Cellnet/O2 and clients/referrers aren't that quick at noticing changes.  One phone we have put in a location with good signal and put a divert on it to one of our temporary numbers.

Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

I was going to mention diverting via http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

I hope signal / mast status gets better for you all.
Message 16 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hope it all gets resolved as soon as possible @Anonymous  Trying out other PAYG sims is definitely the way to go and if you can set up diverts... so much the better

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

No service since 5 Nov? You're lucky I haven't had a service since I was foolish enough to by a smart phone in June. There just isn't a signal in my postcode GU359EX. The phone is useless too, even when there is a signal and I can get past the layers of passwords it takes minutes to load anything from the web. I can't even reset the ringtone.

The shop where I bought it just shrug their shoulders and say "you've signed the contract, you're stuck with it." I have to look at my bank statement every month and see good money going after bad.

I have a degree in technology and am a member of Mensa so I am not stupid my any measure but I have an open mind; does anyone know of a group I can join in the Farnham/Petersfied area where I can learn to get at least something out of this contraption?

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi DavidCalvert

Welcome to the forum.

Has signal always been down or non existent ?

Seems no 4g or 3G coverage in your area 😔

Help thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 19 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Which "contraption" did you buy?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 22