cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My review on the RHA T10 in-ear headphones/earphones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I would share my You Tube link to my video review I made on a new pair of in-ear headphones/earphones that I got recently.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What's the noise isolation tech inside these?
And do you know if they support hi-resolution audio?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
What's the noise isolation tech inside these?
And do you know if they support hi-resolution audio?

The noise isolation comes from the seal the tips have in your ear canals. There's no noise isolation tech built into them like some of the Bose earphones have.

There's no mention on RHA's website about hi res audio, here's the specs for the T10's:

Specifications

DriversDynamic (model 770.1)
Frequency range16-22,000Hz
Impedance16 Ohm
Sensitivity100db
Rated/max power1/5mW
Weight39g
Cable1.35m, multicore OFC
Connections3.5mm, gold plated

I cannot emphasise enough the sound quality you get from these, providing the time is spent choosing the correct tip type and size, the bass level (even with the standard reference screw in filters is really strong) but more importantly the other frequencies don't suffer from this either. For example, some bass rich earphones/headphones, can for want of a better word, smother some of the mids and high frequencies, but all the frequencies are nice and detailed and you can hear them through the bass.

Around 18 months ago, I tried what was then RHA's top model earphone (MA-750) and was left disappointed with the sound quality and sent them back. With the MA-750's I found the overall sound quality (especially the higher frequencies) sounded harsh and sounded like the driver was straining/struggling to cope. But the driver in the T10's is much more improved and in my opinion is better than my previous favourite earphones Shure SE215.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the first review where I had a chance to try my new audio recording equipment. I wanted to improve my audio quality from my earlier vids but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. So I went for a Lavalier mic (there the little mics you see clipped onto people's ties/shirts on TV) and I connect this into a handheld audio recorder which I can put in my pocket, I found that these would suit my uses better. I was really pleased with the improved sound quality from this new setup slight_smile

Message 4 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Lovely review @Anonymous 

The sound quality is great. As good as you expected with the new kit?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd seen some vids on YouTube that had used the same mic, so I had a pretty good idea as to how it would sound Toby.
Message 6 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I wish I knew about these before. I paid £175 for Shure SE425 earphones which is less than retail alas they don't come with any changeable filters. You would have to fork out about £849 for Shure SE846 for that luxury.

What's the sound quality like in comparison to Shure, AKG or Sennheiser?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

I wish I knew about these before. I paid £175 for Shure SE425 earphones which is less than retail alas they don't come with any changeable filters. You would have to fork out about £849 for Shure SE846 for that luxury.

What's the sound quality like in comparison to Shure, AKG or Sennheiser?

I've never tried Sennheiser or AKG, but the two pairs of earphones I had previously were the Shure SE215 and the Shure E4C (EC4 can't remember exactly) and I find the RHA's a lot better.

I never expected to find any earphones that I would prefer better than the Shure's, as I'd always been extremely pleased with the Shure's, but with the RHA's, I found my new favourite. If RHA keep up this kind of quality I would go to them for future pairs. The drivers in the T10 are superb, RHA have done an excellent job with designing the driver and using such high quality materials and also keeping the price in a sensible range.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome video @Anonymous
The sound quality has definitely improve from your previous videos. I hope to be watching and listening much more of these slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

So I bookmarked the RHA webpage for further consideration.

Previous earphones I owned are;

Sennheiser CX880

Sennheiser CX300

The difference between 300 and 880 are night and day. the 880's are 32 ohm impedance so needed a bit more drive the bass part.

As for AKG, I had a pair of K272 Mk. 2 headphones which were closed-back, up to 20dB noise isolation and ideal for recording microphone parts with.

My latest pair are the K702 which are open-back refererence headphones, Note: even with the lower impedance of the AKG headphones, they need a good amplifier to drive them.

Anyway that's enough of me prattling on this is not Head-Fi afterall.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 11