cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Third Phone in Five Days is Promised.. But will it WORK ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to O2 ?? ..  10 years a customer.. being totally let down..

Long story short :

1) Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - 10 months into a contract, starting to freeze, left side of the screen has zero response to touch, I called last Friday, and things have been a disaster since..

2) Friday 6th December I spent 90 minutes + online and on the phone with FIVE x O2 staff (3 online / 2 on phone) 
Repeatedly I am asked to switch phone on/off, take battery out, soft-start etc.. and of course this does no good at all..
"Kerry" on the phone gives me the mantra "you have to return it to the shop, or send it back to us" - is this a LIE ?
Seems to be because I am told as a "sorry" I will be sent a replacement by courier next business day ** Take note folks!! .. "Anthony" in the repair shop, finally offers this, I imagine maybe that will see me return to having a working phone

3) Monday 9th December a replacement Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 arrives (it is an earlier version with more basic layout, hardware & software) - BUT more importantly next to NO signal .. later the same night it "dies" on me, it is a non-working reconditioned failure of a phone.. (spend Monday & as it turns out Tuesday with NO phone)..

4) Today, Tuesday 10th December I have to use a work-mates phone to call O2 - as "O2 network not available" in a very strong signal area -  yet I am offered on the same phone to run on ORANGE or VODAFONE !! - I know this as my friend's O2 phone works when I call.. the Repair Guys are no real help ...

5) The 2 Repair Guys at O2 get me to repeat the same pointless exercises - "take battery out, switch on/off, soft-start" - nothing!! - then "we'll send you a replacement by courier" (so it may arrive tomorrow, but will it work ??)

Meanwhile, no compensation offer, no working phone, no faith in my promised THIRD phone from O2..
on 28/12/2013 I can "upgrade" though, what does O2 think the chances are?
Disgusted by this treatment as a long time customer.. O2 what happened to you ??
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.. after finishing up an intense period of work - with & without my O2 phone, I can update that I now have a "working" Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 from the O2 Repair Shop ..

(needless to say I didnt return to my local store, after they said "O2 signal today is dire", and that the phone was not responding and offered to send it back.. but 4 in 10 days would have been SO soul-destroying I persevered..) So now I have a semi-"working" phone

I say "working" as it has needed to be switched off twice today, due to freezing - 2nd time the screen turned totally black and the battery needed removed..

This was after actually having a bit of success on O2 Chat !!

(finally O2 contacts number 9 and 10 were actually of help.. first 8 were little or no help)

Firstly - Abhinav, thanks for your understanding & the credit as compensation..

The second contact (staff member no.10) indeed asked to be named on this thread slight_smile

Thank you George McGrath, you are an asset to the company!!

.. give this young man a pay rise O2, he helped me more in 10 minutes, than 8 members of staff had done in the whole previous week!!

.. so no "resolution", just the use (most of the time) for the moment, of yet another reconditioned phone from the O2 Repair Shop.. will it last longer? - who knows.. the occasional freeeeeeeeeezing is a concern. (sticks, just like that!)

But it's a "wow" that it even is of use.. I was forgetting how that felt...

Message 31 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Report back to let us know how you're doing Sumner and I'm here to help if I need to.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 32 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby, reporting back as you suggest.. 

Latest Samsung reconditioned phone is the bane of my technological life.

Yet again parts of the screen are touch-dead.. I cannot touch the middle section where nearly every page has its "OK" option.. example - switching off, I cannot touch "ok", I have to open phone and take out the battery to switch off this phone.

With all Wifi, Bluetooth, apps, sync, basically everything switched off, and the screen on lowest brightness it is depleting like a rocket.. charged overnight to 100%, taken of charger at 700am, it has now only 15% by 1:30pm..

The main issue - the partially dead screen has happened with 3 of the O2 Shop's "reconditioned" replacements.. what can I do now? Go through visiting the rude staff in the shop? Send off phone and go without again, been there for 4 phones now.. what's left? Let my contract run out & leave O2 seems the only option. 

Message 33 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Definitely one for Toby now.... Good luck !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 45

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

This has dragged on for 7 months now, time it was sorted. I hope @Toby can offer some kind of assistance with your problem.

Message 35 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since last December.. the whole contract has been a nightmare, apart from the opening few months.. from explaining the phone was "not fit for purpose" to phone assistants who tried to blame me, to rude shop staff, to 9 members of O2 staff changing the stories told to a paying loyal customer, to returning phone after phone from the O2 Shop, to get reconditioned garbage.. this last one I am trying to tolerate but it is yet another reconditioned piece of junk - half a working screen, depletes to dead in less than 12 hours, nightmare.

Its getting to the point where I am seriously thinking of removing the Sim and binning the phone. Having no phone must be better than this.

Message 36 of 45

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Sumner-69,

I shall reply to your PM and we can see what can be done.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 37 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

.. hopefully not another period of going without a phone while O2 send me another reconditioned non-working model... which would be number 5 I think..

Message 38 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the Galaxy Ace2 died.. bottom of screen dead, rotating to type any text as horizontal some characters would not appear and "delete" typed an "l" instead, and vertically others would not appear - and no letter "c" either way... one "ompletely unted" phone..

O2 agreed to send another Samsung (4th or 5th, I have lost count!!)..  this time a G310H, but...

Again I am NOT HAPPY - I have the replacement delivered today BUT the Samsung G310H came with no SIM CARD.

My Sim from Galaxy 2 is a different size... so I now have a phone that I cannot insert my Sim into. I NEED this for work ASAP and I refuse to buy a SIM - O2 can provide one.

I see me canceling the Direct Debit at the bank Monday morning, sue me...

Again totally let down by O2, I now have no useable phone at all.. Vodafone, EE, hello, hello... 
Message 39 of 45

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you have the time to pop in-store O2 will supply a sim card free and arrange the swap process.

I strongly urge you not to cancel the direct debit. O2 won't sue you they will just sell the debt on and you will have a default on your credit file for the next six years.

Your best option now would be a written complaint but I'm not sure how that would help as O2 are trying to resolve your issues.

Message 40 of 45