cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Third Phone in Five Days is Promised.. But will it WORK ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
What happened to O2 ?? ..  10 years a customer.. being totally let down..

Long story short :

1) Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - 10 months into a contract, starting to freeze, left side of the screen has zero response to touch, I called last Friday, and things have been a disaster since..

2) Friday 6th December I spent 90 minutes + online and on the phone with FIVE x O2 staff (3 online / 2 on phone) 
Repeatedly I am asked to switch phone on/off, take battery out, soft-start etc.. and of course this does no good at all..
"Kerry" on the phone gives me the mantra "you have to return it to the shop, or send it back to us" - is this a LIE ?
Seems to be because I am told as a "sorry" I will be sent a replacement by courier next business day ** Take note folks!! .. "Anthony" in the repair shop, finally offers this, I imagine maybe that will see me return to having a working phone

3) Monday 9th December a replacement Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 arrives (it is an earlier version with more basic layout, hardware & software) - BUT more importantly next to NO signal .. later the same night it "dies" on me, it is a non-working reconditioned failure of a phone.. (spend Monday & as it turns out Tuesday with NO phone)..

4) Today, Tuesday 10th December I have to use a work-mates phone to call O2 - as "O2 network not available" in a very strong signal area -  yet I am offered on the same phone to run on ORANGE or VODAFONE !! - I know this as my friend's O2 phone works when I call.. the Repair Guys are no real help ...

5) The 2 Repair Guys at O2 get me to repeat the same pointless exercises - "take battery out, switch on/off, soft-start" - nothing!! - then "we'll send you a replacement by courier" (so it may arrive tomorrow, but will it work ??)

Meanwhile, no compensation offer, no working phone, no faith in my promised THIRD phone from O2..
on 28/12/2013 I can "upgrade" though, what does O2 think the chances are?
Disgusted by this treatment as a long time customer.. O2 what happened to you ??
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Normally after 10 months you would have to send phone off for repair so O2 went above their normal procedure to send you a replacement. After all it's not their fault your phone broke...?
There is also only one Ace 2 model so I'm not sure how you got one with "more basic hardware" ?
Software can always be updated on the phone or via a PC anyway so that's not really a valid gripe either......
I don't understand the reference to the same phone to run on Orange or Voda - who offered you what in regard to that....?

What compensation would you like? I assume your sim card is still working so you could have put that in another phone and still used your contract.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for implying it is my fault the phone broke down, even O2 seem to accept that the screen freezing and part of it dying altogether is a fault with the phone.

I got the replacement offer, as I recounted how rude the O2 staff were at the Glenrothes store were when I took a previous Sony Zylo in for repair - which broke down early in its contract.. and no, they didn't imply I broke it either..

When I go into its "Available Networks" menu, I am offered Orange and Vodafone, and told O2 "unavailable", even the Repair Guys on the phone recognised the phone is "goosed" (his word).. but please make this out to be my fault if it helps you defend O2

Message 3 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I never said it was your fault....
I could have said "That's awful, how terrible for you" and I would be your new best friend.... I'm just putting a different perspective on it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Clean your glasses, MI5 suggested nothing of the sort!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I've had "how sorry I am to hear that" / "I am sorry to read that"

said or typed 7 times by 7 different different O2 staff.. wow. Must be a motto or something..

Message 6 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
People on here are just trying to be helpful you know
Message 7 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's called politeness, a strange concept to some people.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I "put the sim in another phone", why I am paying for a Samsung Galaxy Ace..

should I use the old Sony Zylo, and will I be asked to pay just for an old Sony Zylo with no Apps / Internet etc ? Not a great solution, all that Data and no net connectivity..  

Message 9 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you ask O2 why you are paying
Message 10 of 45