Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More forum changes?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The forum went down for maintenance tonight...just for a short while. When back on I noticed these changes in the message reply box (the top layout)

Is everyone seeing the same? When you click on the add photo box...it is all completely different as well?

Capture.Forum change.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

We're working on getting this sorted as soon as possible. Do let me know if the PMs improve for you.

I will do one more test now and check....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No change as yet @Toby....

(you may also notice how small my 'send to' and 'message subject' boxes are. They have been like this for about 2 weeks now...)

Capture.PM2.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 88

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, they are too small but the text inside the boxes aren't wrapped correctly either. Alignment is set to bottom but should be center.
Message 53 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

No change as yet @Toby....

(you may also notice how small my 'send to' and 'message subject' boxes are. They have been like this for about 2 weeks now...)

Capture.PM2.JPG

The error message refers to something having been HIGHLIGHTED, but I cannot see any highlighting on my PC.  If the problem is INVALID HTML  it cannot be highlighted as it has apparently been removed?  So what information is the error message actually trying to convey? 

Message 54 of 88

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Yeah, they are too small but the text inside the boxes aren't wrapped correctly either. Alignment is set to bottom but should be center.

This is a basic problem that should be so easy to sort...

Message 55 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff   If you have time could you try this.   Create a new PM containing a link but BEFORE trying to send  it or preview it, examine the HTML.  (You could use copy and paste to keep a copy fo comaparison)  Then use the PREVIEW tab and if that brings up the error message saying invalid HTML has been removed, go back to the HTML tab and compare the amended HTML with what was there previously.  I have tried this numerous times and cannot see any difference whatever, so that makes the error message even weirder.

Yes I know.  I have too much time on my hands.  But I just hate it when things that worked yesterday do not work today and I don't know why!!

Message 56 of 88

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I'm talking to Lithium now about this.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 57 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Well I did that following your instructions...this is what was displayed when I examined the HTML

<p><a href="/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Crossed-phone-call-crossed-wires-call-interfering/m-p/907918#M70686" target="_self">http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Crossed-phone-call-crossed-wires-call-interfering/m-p/907918#M70686</a></p>

Did the rest of it and still got the same error message ie

Capture.preview.JPG

So actually it is exactly the same error message.

Bottom line.....a full URL is not being recognised in the Text to display box when trying to send via PM...

Two days ago you could send a link this way....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 88

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

Well I did that following your instructions...this is what was displayed when I examined the HTML

<p><a href="/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Crossed-phone-call-crossed-wires-call-interfering/m-p/907918#M70686" target="_self">http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Crossed-phone-call-crossed-wires-call-interfering/m-p/907918#M70686</a></p>

Did the rest of it and still got the same error message ie

So actually it is exactly the same error message.

Bottom line.....a full URL is not being recognised in the Text to display box when trying to send via PM...

Two days ago you could send a link this way....

Thanks @Cleoriff   What I was trying to point out is that although the error message says invalid HTML has been removed what the system has left is exactly the same what was entered in the first place. It is therefore inevitable that you are going to get the same error message.

Message 59 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Yes....I just hope it gets fixed soon....Maybe tomorrow as the image box was 'fixed' today...Baby steps Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 88