Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Forum Issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have been away for the weekend and I did have my phone and tablet with me. Access to the forum was slow and full of issues. Back home now and using PC and these problems still remain ...

* Taking ages to accept my login details

* Moving from tab to tab painfully slow

* Timing out before you are able to post

* Worse than that....typing a reply to someone with loads of relevant links..and connection times out again!

(Not even sure this will post if honest)

* Posting pictures is problematic

*I just attempted to post a reply to a new topic. pressed 'post' and I was directed to login again slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,812
1,811 REPLIES 1,811

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

always had to log in to community separately (put in username/password) from My o2 app...

I think the difference is I log into Community first via PC....if I go into My O2 (via PC) I do have to log in again for security I expect....

Unless I am out and about then my phone is rarely used for access to My O2. I get onto forum community via Chrome directly or Gmail notifications

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 291 of 1,812

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

right, all notifications (so far) have still gone to hotmail account.

trying this @gmarkj

fingers crossed...

edit - and success! email straight through to gmail inbox.

only problem now is emails coming through at silly o'clock due to the night shift...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 292 of 1,812

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cairdeas wrote:

just wee problem with o2 app..pin number ok..but can't sign into community from there as it's not accepted new email yet.. will keep trying lol x

Same as me....I just turned my phone off and rebooted.....Then it was working...

lol tried that..still can't sign in on the phone..but I'm sure it'll be fine..eventually x

edit..can sign in via chrome..just not the app..so no biggie really x

giphy-3
Message 293 of 1,812

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
i had a verification email come through that i had to click on first (and also an email on the old account to say it was being changed).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 294 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have just remembered something and so have checked my O2 texts back to November. Mine was the same as yours @Cairdeas. I didn't get an email but I was initially unable to change my log in to my O2 on the phone. I actually rang CS...they text me a change of password code for my phone via My O2. I input that and was then able to change my password to the one I wanted...

However like you I could access the forum directly from Chrome on my phone...so it wasn't a big issue for me either...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 295 of 1,812

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the info..will try that xx

giphy-3
Message 296 of 1,812

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
So, quick update - had notifications over the weekend and this morning about PMs and mentions in 2 different topics come straight through to gmail inbox.
Hopefully this seems to have fixed the problem.
Also both Myo2 app and website and community seem to be recognising the gmail address so looks like everything updated ok.

Fingers crossed it stays that way...

Message 297 of 1,812

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

That's good news @gmarkj. When I was 'made' to swap to Gmail for this forum I was assured it would work for emails from O2.Smiley Very Happy....It did and apart from that Off Topic glitch in January all is still working well.Happy Dance..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 298 of 1,812

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Super slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 300 of 1,812