cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Numbering and Display

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly me - I hate having to scroll through reams of stuff to read the latest messages in a thread. This is particualrly irritating when using mobile phone when you have to get to the bottom of the page to see the number scroller.  So I adjusted My Settings to display the Newest Posts first.  But for some arcane reason Lithium then regards the newest message as Number 1.  So when other members refer to messages by the numbering they see (when presumably messages are displayed OLDEST message first)  this is inconsistent with the numbering that I see. 

Edited by me:-  Each message seems to have a unique number assigned and this forms part of the URL for the message.  However it is not that number which is referred to below the Avatar where it says  "message x  of y". It is that number which changes when the order of display is changed and potentially gives rise to confusion for those of us at an age when confusion is the norm.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It just loops me back to the first post in this thread.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It just loops me back to the first post in this thread.

Sorry @MI5  -  I should have explained that I copied and pasted the link into my browser address bar, because clicking on it got the same result as you mention.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
He's just teasing us wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Fuelled by Fosters...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

I am sure that may mean something to someone - but personally I am none the wiser and not even better informed.   Never mind -- that's another Foster's I owe you @jonsie though I suspect you may already have exceeded the daily quoted.  Astounded

Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

My daily dosage rises with age....roll on the next birthday on September 16th LOL

Message 16 of 16