cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Composition Box

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby @Anonymous This may well have been asked before so please forgive if I am duplicating.  When I am composing (sounds very grand that!) a message the input box is at least 12 lines deep.  If I hit the HTML button to have a look at (or even try to edit) the HTML code, the input area is just 2 lines deep.  Any possibility that could be increased to same as the Rich Text input area?

Thanks.

Gerry

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And here's me, having absolutely NO idea of the purpose of the HTML box?Smiley Embarassed

(Though I do like todays very profound signature :smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me the reply box is way too small really on my iPad and iPhone under mobile view or full mode. 😞
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

And here's me, having absolutely NO idea of the purpose of the HTML box?Smiley Embarassed

(Though I do like todays very profound signature :smileywink:)

Well one use is that you can insert horizontal lines in messages like above and below.  doesn't that really excite you?   Bouncy

Gerry

Message 4 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Mmmmmmm horizontal lines hey?....Very nice Bouncy

Or I could go and watch some paint dry...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
For me the reply box is way too small really on my iPad and iPhone under mobile view or full mode. 😞

AH - perhaps I should have clarified that I was speaking about my PC @Anonymous 

Personally I find my mobile much too fiddly for replying online so I tend to read only on phone and respond when I have access to computer.  Another sign of galloping old age perhaps

Gerry

Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Mmmmmmm horizontal lines hey?....Very nice Bouncy

Or I could go and watch some paint dry...:smileywink:

Depends what colour the paint is @Cleoriff 

Gerry

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous said "AH - perhaps I should have clarified that I was speaking about my PC @Anonymous

Personally I find my mobile much too fiddly for replying online so I tend to read only on phone and respond when I have access to computer. Another sign of galloping old age perhaps"

Hi Gerry.

One of the reasons I moved from the iPad rMini to the iPad Air was my eyes. 😞

I use my MacBook Air less now for accessing this forum unless I need to add Rich Content such as 'pictures' etc.
Message 8 of 30

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply! We're looking into making the box bigger, but need to see what our options are with the technology available :). Thanks for raising Gerry
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I prefer to use my phone asi prefer the mobile version of Community but only being able to see 2 lines can be a hindrance when sending half decent replies to questions
Message 10 of 30