cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I live in Ramsgate. Quite a lot of people have not had a signal for a couple of days now. Having been into the local O2 shop I know they have had a lot of calls about this issue

The service status is pretty clear about the fact that there is a mast not working and this has been confirmed by chat staff. When asked when it will be fixed all they say is "soon". It has been soon for quite a bit of time now

While I realise it is not an exact science it would be very helpful to have some idea when this, and other faults, are likely to be resolved. Most other providers that I have contact with will, at least, give some estimate
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many customers request the same however O2 have never quoted repair times. It's their policy not too in case it doesn't go to plan or additional issues are found along the way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

They (02) say in the terms and conditions that they will fix an issue as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately No further info will be given by O2.

Repairs are hampered by parts , engineer availability weather and permission sometimes to enter land.

All you can do is keep checking the service status.

I hope you get signal back asap.

Edit : if your a contract customer and have wifi you could in the interim use o2's service called Tugo.

Or if in Payg what's app or viber to name some examples.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many customers request the same however O2 have never quoted repair times. It's their policy not too in case it doesn't go to plan or additional issues are found along the way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's frustrating and annoying. The mast covering my home has been down a total of 5 times in the last 4 months but O2 don't give any info on repairs or upgrades.

If you speak to customer service once it's been repaired you may get some goodwill gesture by means of a credit to your account.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks

I got tugo. A bit of a pain as, as I had no signal, I couldn't get the code that was sent to me. Fortunately, in a brief moment of connectivity it slipped in. Quite impressed although it does go very quickly to voicemail

I take your point about the ts and cs. And I do get the variables but I don't think it is beyond the wit of O2 to give some idea. Plus it may be quite good customer relations even if just to explain the problem further

Right now when I am out and about locally I have no signal and no sense when I will get one. It isn't that big an issue for me but it is for some I know
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm suffering the same kind of issue.

Basically i'm currently trying to force information from O2 in terms of their quality of service and obligations. Whilst i'm sure most us appreciate there are often signal issues beyond the networks control, they MUST have a legal obligation to resolve known issues within a certain time.

Send an email to the complaints team as the more people who complain, the quicker they may respond. They also add a good will credit to your account!! Crazy

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback. Email sent

Interestingly O2 were happy to engage with our local paper when asked about the outage. They, basically, said on Friday that it would be fixed that day if their third party contractors could get access. Still out, mind you, on Sunday morning but this is the sort of thing that I was thinking about. Updates every now and then with some ifs and buts around them.

It is much better than the hourly a phone mast isn't working message you get on the service status. At least you don't feel in limbo
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Strange how they can respond to the press but won't impart the same information to the general public. The only good thing about the status page is that it indicates O2 are aware of the problem and normally working to get the mast sorted asap.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to this

Mast is still out. So having time on my hands I rang customer support. They were very helpful and gave me a pretty detailed update. Mast was looked at on the 20th. It was decided that the cell needs replacing and this work is scheduled for Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Rep said he would give me a ring on Thursday pm with an update

I was very impressed (obviously I have to wait for the outcome).

So what strikes me is that if this sort of "information" was on the O2 website it would save them quite a few annoyed phone calls and be good customer relations. I was laid back and the rep did say most people were a bit more worked up but I had a good experience

If they put a few ifs and maybes in I would not have thought that it would open too many doors to disgruntled users. The explanation certainly made me more chilled about the situation

Perhaps this only needs to be done in long running outages?
Message 9 of 9