cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast down in E9 7PQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just read a post in the section on Mast down that could have been written by me. We have moved in to a new flat and still cannot get broadband because of problems with BT.  We have no mobile phone reception. I have contacted O2 on an almost daily basis since we bought the flat on the 26th February. We just go round and round in circles. The girls in the call centre in South Africa do not have a clue, they just look at the web site the same as I do.  It has now been very nearly two months and the live checker always says the same thing, mast is down. I would really appreciate some real information as then I could make an informed decision. Like: We have no coverage in this area and are in negotiation with the council for installing a mast. Could take up to 12 months. Or: we are missing some crucial parts that will arrive in UK in two weeks. Or: We have a huge backlog of work and in all honesty will not get to this mast for six months. I could then decide whether to leave O2. As it is we have limped along with the feeble hope something will happen. 

I would also like to say that O2 public relations is hopeless.  What is the point of that call centre? It is a waste of money.  Feeling fed up. Sarah

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous you can make a formal complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain If you've been without any service for that long, you should be entitled to compensation, and, I would think, be entitled to cancel the remainder of your contract without penalty, if that's what you decided to do. Do you know if you can get a signal with any other network where you are?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
O2 never give out info on repairs other than that on the status pages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The networks T's & C's state that they must provide a reasonable level of service.....it seems in your case they are not.

I had the same issue a while ago and after requested a letter of deadlock they discharged me from my contract

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous you can make a formal complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain If you've been without any service for that long, you should be entitled to compensation, and, I would think, be entitled to cancel the remainder of your contract without penalty, if that's what you decided to do. Do you know if you can get a signal with any other network where you are?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or google the o2 ceo email address 

Message 5 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Looking at that post code you have 4 masts approx 400-600 m away I am unsure why you have no signal at all as the status page is showing orange (reduced) and not red (no service) is this a data only issue or no service at all? Have you tried enabling 3g only or 2g only in phone settings  ?

But as others have advised a complaint via the official chanels is the only way forward.

Did you take the o2 contract out after you had moved or before your move and all was ok in your previous home (as the get out of jail free card is going to be hard if the latter)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 6