cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUSIC:- iPod versus a Smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Nokia touch & type phone, the contract on that runs out in about sometime say Nov/Dec time - I have a basic Kindle coming off Amazon shortly for reading - I am currently buying CDs off Amazon and playing them on (1) a mini tower system my son gave me several years ago now & (2) a personal flat 7"square electronic device I can plug headphones into, but I want something more personal/portable. After doing some research on Google about what the various portable electonic devices are about.I have come up with the iPod OR do I wait until later in the year when my phone is up for renewal & my free SKY tv goes off (to do with O2 going over to SKY for internet provision) & then Xmas would be coming up ..... & tie every thing up neatly and go for a smartphone? 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

GE you two

Yes it does mean:- Rolling On Floor Can't Get Up - its something I've seen recently on fb amongst the trad jazz community who tend to be old giffers like me & highly intelligent people - not that I consider myself highly intelligent, but I don't believe I'm thick either ... did a fun test on fb very recently to do with the first letter of your name & the month you were born in ... it turns out I'm Jolly Twinkle Toes ... that fit's or what?! ... I  had a very, very good extended 60 Friday to Monday Birthday weekend, ending with a meal out in Morley, which is old Leeds, with my son Alex 28 & his partner Emma 20 ... not many old giffers male or female on O2 Community Forum = I'm guessing here ... bfn ... Cat Very Happy

Message 51 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damien1 ... you can't be a Yorkshireman then - where I was born in broad West Yorkshire town of Castleford, well there is a lot of slang there ... it was when I was in the 1st form of Castleford Grammar School that I heard the term 'spud' & I didn't know what a spud was & didn't like to show myself up by asking anyone ... I'm way off-topic here I know, when I lived in Oxfordshire for a year I spruced up my way of speaking = just wanted to 'fit' in ... apologies for going off-topic again ... ty & Go
odnight slight_smile
Message 52 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm only 30 and can honestly say I've never heard half the terms used on here slight_smile
Message 53 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are young at 30, as I expected on this IT related O2 Community Forum - good of you to admit you don't know all of the terms used here - I thought you young 'uns knew everything possibly IT related in 21st Century ... ty & Goodnight ... Cat Happy

Message 54 of 73

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it does mean:- Rolling On Floor Can't Get Up - its something I've seen recently on fb amongst the trad jazz community

Who do you follow on trad some of my favourite music there?

Would 100 Oxford Street mean anything to you?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 55 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
What the hell is trad slight_smile
Message 56 of 73

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Traditional

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 57 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok thanks mate
Message 58 of 73

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

This is trad:

and here is the first UK Trad Band - Ken Colyer Jazz Band:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 59 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a nice long thread Cat Happy

I use my smartphone for TV, music, youtube etc. I've had ipods. the first one I had lasted for three years (generation 2 model.) However, the ipod classic and touch versions I have had since barely lasted over a year. Personally I don't see a point in one function only devices. Like a DVD player for example, mostly pointless. Where as a device which records live tv to dvd and plays DVD(s) back is much more useful in comparison. 'One trick ponies' don't cut it nowadays.

Message 60 of 73