cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS no longer inclusive - is this fair?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is it just me, or do you agree that this is rather outrageous? O2 appear to be offering an enhancement with unlimited texts. However, for the majority of customers (or me anyway), a threshold of 500 texts was a enormous excess - meaning that MMS were essentially inclusive. Now they will cost 20p each. I don't think this is fair or reasonable; I would rather go back to my 500 text limit.

I have written to Mr Dunne on this matter. I'd be interested to know what other people think.

Regards,

Richard.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was introduced in the Tariff refresh on 26th February 2010. We didn't any complaints then...
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use mms quite a lot but actually sending an email with a longer video clip, bigger mb pic etc seems a much better option as more than likely the person your sending it to also has a phone enabled with email.
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it may have been introduced in February to new customers, but I am addressing this issue to existing customers who will be taking out a new contract in order to acquire an iPhone 4.

Richard.
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was introduced to upgrading customers then too. on all tariffs.
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use mms quite a lot but actually sending an email with a longer video clip, bigger mb pic etc seems a much better option as more than likely the person your sending it to also has a phone enabled with email.

Send them on wifi or your 500mb data allowance will rapidly disappear, it's great having the latest tech kit eh, shame we won't be able to use it as intended.
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is it just me, or do you agree that this is rather outrageous? O2 appear to be offering an enhancement with unlimited texts. However, for the majority of customers (or me anyway), a threshold of 500 texts was a enormous excess - meaning that MMS were essentially inclusive. Now they will cost 20p each. I don't think this is fair or reasonable; I would rather go back to my 500 text limit.
I have written to Mr Dunne on this matter. I'd be interested to know what other people think.
Regards,
Richard.

Couldn't agree more with you on this, although i still have them in my existing tariff.

Unlimited txt does not interest me either, i barely use about 100 txt a month out of my 1200, and less than 100 min out of my 600, but

if i take out a new contract, apart from paying about £35quid a month, i need to stump up 20p per msg .

apple have now given the public the phone we have always wanted from the beginning, and now the network operators see this as easy cash in my eye, with these additional charges.

I for one would like the heavy users of the data hounded,

I am not a big users data myself, but this 3% should be crucified, and allow the other 97% who complied with the rules, to enjoy the product, for which it was intended for.
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them on wifi or your 500mb data allowance will rapidly disappear, it's great having the latest tech kit eh, shame we won't be able to use it as intended.

How big are the files you intend to send like? Yet another post re 500mb is not enough when I probably only use 20omb a month. Give it a rest!!!! Plus if I was upgrading to a iphone then I would have the 1gb allowance so no issues for myself. I send many emails evryday with large attachments and I've yet to exceed 1gb in a month.

More than 95% of people will be more than happy with their phone. If your that ticked off then cancel your contract and move elsewhere
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was also introduced to current customers who were changing their contract up or down too.
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Elzifan, I'm not certain whether you are being purposely obtuse or I am not explaining myself well enough, but I am talking about customers who are desire an upgrade (like myself) to the new iPhone 4 and have effectively had inclusive MMS messages up till that point. it's not rocket science - brain surgery perhaps slight_smile

R.
Message 10 of 24