cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAST DOWN IN VILLAGE

Anonymous
Not applicable

We now enter day 2 without being able to make a call or send a text in our village. The website shows a non functioning mast is being investigated. We only have a snail like 2G at the best of times, but at least we normally have a good signal for voice calls. If it wasn't for wifi my Galaxy S5 would be as much use as a brick. Some of the villages around us now have 4G. I think we have been forgotten.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very frustrating and there are a lot of people with the same issue.

Get as many people you can to log a complaint as this may encourage the network to rectify the issue quicker.

Also, ask for a credit to put on your account as you shouldnt be paying for a service you cannot use!!!

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I feel for your situation.

Unfortunately O2 do not give repair / upgrade info on masts.

You could see if turning off 3G in your phones settings helps stabilise your phone call quality.

Have you considered using Tugo if your on a Contract ,and have home broadband Wifi in the interim.

Or if on payg use what's app or Viber as examples, but the other parties need these two downloaded too.

If your on contract you could direct your incoming calls to another number.
Is use another networks payg sim number or landline !

Help link on Call Diverts http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=13448
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144173 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
2 days is not a significant amount of time in terms of repairing a mast failure. Some faults can/may take up to a week or longer in extreme circumstances, unfortunately.
Keep an eye on the service status for the most reliable updates.....
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very frustrating and there are a lot of people with the same issue.

Get as many people you can to log a complaint as this may encourage the network to rectify the issue quicker.

Also, ask for a credit to put on your account as you shouldnt be paying for a service you cannot use!!!

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144173 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to be 100% clear on this point.

O2 will, in many cases, make individual goodwill gestures to cover downtime, however, they are not obliged to do so and there is a clause in the T&C's which covers this eventuality.

The key is, to call CS once service is restored and be polite in your request for some compensation slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Key point @MI5 ask politely, don't demand.

Is it not possible to demand politely?

Gerry

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It came back last night, I suppose all in all not too bad. Two days. Hopefully we will eventually be upgraded to 4G. The villages either side of ours are. We missed out on 3G. 2G reminds me of dial-up internet. It belongs in the history books

Message 9 of 9