cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm fairly new to O2 and the O2 Community. Reading through new (6 Nov 13) and slightly older articles on the O2 Community pages, I get the impression that some people are not too keen on using Live Chat. I've contacted O2's Live Chat twice on minor matters and came away satisfied.

I feel a live chat in general is better insofar as there is less of dialect/accent problem than would be if talking via phone to a call centre in, say, India.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noted your line saying "202 is typically O2 Uk based Call-centres."

I'd forgotten reading a while ago that O2's call centre is in UK. That sounds good to me.
Message 5 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

They are undergoing ongoing training which is definitely improving the service they give.

Their was a recent q&a session about them recently.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Virtual-interview-30-10-13-Webchat/m-p/551002#U551002

We normally advise not to ask them to carry out account based enquiries and upgrading.

They are good for general enquiries.

It's good to hear you were happy with the service received.

Live Chat is non uk outsourced call centres.

202 is typically O2 Uk based Call-centres.
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, bandofbrothers, for the info. I'll look at the link you've provided.
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Take care.

wink
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noted your line saying "202 is typically O2 Uk based Call-centres."

I'd forgotten reading a while ago that O2's call centre is in UK. That sounds good to me.
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile

Message 6 of 22

Whiteman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My own experience of Live Chat was that they were USELESS! I live in Eastbourne but in Hailsham, 10miles away, the O2 signal is hopeless - friends living there say NEVER use O2 if you live there! So I looked on the O2 Status page which said all of Hailsham was fine! So I complained to the Live Chat that my calls to friends there break up, my texts to them arrive in batches sometimes, & can take up to an hour or more to arrive!

But I was on Live Chat for 50mins & got NOWHERE - they hadn't a clue! I was told to try 202 instead, but after over an hour with them, they said Hailsham was fine - but I know it's NOT!

So there you are - both Live Chat AND foning 202 I found a waste of time! Were I not on a good contract, I'd leave now!

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

The service checker is designed to give an indication of coverage.

Have you tried resolutions such as turning off 3G to see if that improves your service.

Tugo for pay monthly customers.
Viber
What's app
Cleaning your sim card and or getting it swapped for a new one.

With the ongoing work for 4g rollout we are told this will improve 2g and 3G signal which is due for completion in 2015.

Ultimately if signal is not good enough them yes obtain a PAC code and move networks. O2 will then let you know whether you have fulfilled any contractual agreement you may have with them.
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all happy. I wanted to talk about options for my contract as its up for renewal. Couldnt get through on phone so tried live chat. What could have taken 5 mins on the phone took 30 mins on chat and as I got so frustrated I cancelled my contract and came away with a PAC code

Today tried calling again, couldnt get through went on chat, utterly unhelpful. Asked if they could get someone to call me and they said that was impossible, So now hanging on the phone as  really want to talk to someone, y call is still in a queue as it was when I started writing this. And O2 wonder why im leaving them after all these years. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE

Message 9 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A common complaint at the moment, sadly.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22