cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Refresh Contract - some questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone,

I've been told on live chat that I can pay the £75 remaining on my Refresh device plan and get my number ported to the new contract I'm going to buy via mobiles.co.uk (best price/handset deal - O2 refuse to match) after I sign up to the new contract.

I just want to make sure that this is correct as I've seen that live chat isn't the most reliable at accurate info!

I guess I'll have one more £12 airtime bill to pay too. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can pay off your device plan then you are free to walk away but ask for your pac code, phone 202 or go I store to do it
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can pay off your device plan then you are free to walk away but ask for your pac code, phone 202 or go I store to do it
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, once the handset cost is paid off you are free to leave or switch tariffs with no further costs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks both slight_smile 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome mate
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bear in mind that your new contract won't be Refresh so you will need to tie in the full two years.

Message 6 of 7

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I've had four contracts on Refresh in the last two years. As soon as you pay off the device plan you can leave the company and get your phone unlocked. Usually you can get them unlocked during but the iPhone 6/6+ is exempt and can only be unlocked when it is paid off.

You would be best calling them up rather then paying online so you can get everything done at once.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 7