cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just stop lying about the iPhone 6~

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, having read through the "iPhone6 long wait" thread with currently over 400 responses, I see a common denominator. It's not unique to O2 but since we are O2 customers let's talk about it.

O2 has had lots of experience with iPhone launches UK. They were after all the first to launch iPhone in the UK and still probably ASAIK the only ones to do Visual Voice Mail properly.  Knowing whay they do and knowing Apple the way they do the question we need to ask ourselves is:

• Did they underestimate the demand for the new iPhones?
  • Was it due to stock shortage?
  • Was it due to O2 pushing the extremely popular Firethingy from Amazon? - sigh -

Let's look at these issues.

Could they have underestimated the demand for the iPhone 6~?

I believe they did but why? A company as big as O2 and with as much bigdata as O2 should surely have been able to get some very clever statisticians and finance people to provide them with projections as to what the demand would have been like and how they should have prepared for the launch.

Now, once these clever people had done their reports and handed it to the MPWM, he/she should have taken it, torn it up, shouted at them, reduce their perks and then chase them out his office. Anyone with a bit of intelligence and sense of smell knows that this launch was going to be somethine spectacular. Even Apple were taken aback by the sales of the new models. What the MPWM should have done is doubled up on the projections and then add another 20% on top of that and immediately sent the order off to Apple. 

If they had, then we would not have the situation where dozens (possibly hundreds) of people are using  these forums to come down on O2 and to tell the world about how they have been lied to time and time again regarding stock availability. 

There can be few things as frustrating as being told one thing by a big company and then finding out they lied or changed their story. Instead of reading messages such as "They said they would deliver three weeks ago but still haven't" etc we could have people excited that their shiny new iPhone had arrived via courier etc.

So why does this happen? Do the clever people at O2 think that we, their customers are stupid? Do they believe that they could delay the anger and frustration of being lied to day after day by promising delivery on a time scale they simply could not keep? How difficult is it for the MMWM to have the balls to come on a forum or on their website or in a newspaper ad that they expect to get their iPhone 6~ stock by mid November or whenever and then have an online system that takes different parameters into consideration when deciding who gets the phones first. These parameters could include:

• How long has the customer been with O2?
  • What is the average spend of this customer with O2?
  • Contract / Contract Type or PAYG etc?

In the meantime they could be building their stock to reasonable levels and promote the big launch date and build excitement within the community / customers. They surely have seen how Apple does it and that the way they do it really works well. 

If we are told that we cannot have a toy until Christmas day we can live with it and wait. Telling us we getting it on Christmas day and still not having it by mid January really sucks and is not on.

We love our iPhone's. It's much more than a device. It's an obsession. It's a luxury item, it's an item of desire and passion. It doesn't make sense but it makes perfect sense. It's so much more than a phone. We are not the same as the people who rave about plastic phones. Most of all, we spend more and we demand more and lying to us is not cool.

Get your logistics sorted O2, especially for the customers of non-plastic phones but not at the exclusion of plastic phone loving people. We like those people too.

We deserve better. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would just like to ask (i'm hoping the comment was written tongue in cheek!) why the hell should iphone customers be treated any differently from any other customer? You aren't special people, you flock to buy into a mass hysteria invoking product. You deserve no better treatment than the poor customers duped into laying out hundreds of pounds and waiting for ficticious delivery dates whether it be for an android 'plastic' phone or the latest in wearable technology.

So you don't get your phone for 4-5 weeks, has this destroyed your life? Can you not face another day without being able to hold your sparkly new iphone up in the air for all to see, saying look what I've got? I sometimes despair at people.

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tongue in cheek fully intended...

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tongue in cheek fully intended...

As it was you @Anonymous ...I think we knew that...I think jonsie may have been referring to others who may think you were being 'serious'....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was being serious on everything other than the "plastic phone people" slight_smile

Message 14 of 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks very much for your detailed thoughts on this process Malaguetas.

I shall feed your insights back to my team. Feel free to create similar discussions on other topics that you feel warrant a constructive discussion. They are always helpful.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, thanks for the encouragement. 

Message 16 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You aren't special people,