cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joggler Hangs when updating software

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just been given a Joggler for Christmas.

I followed the set-up instructions to the letter. The device found and connected to my WiFi router without a problem and proceeded to download software updates. Once it had completed the download, my Joggler automatically installed the new software and re-started. After the installation process had completed, the device only got as far as the 'user registration' screen before the 'update software' window reappeared. However, rather than downloading more updates; the device just hangs. It doesn't matter how long I leave it. I have tried disconnecting the power supply and have even plugged the device directly into my router (although it continues to show a good WiFi signal and displays the correct time and date). I cannot progress past the update window; I cannot register the device; I cannot access any of its function. The operating system appears to be caught in a loop. There is nothing more that I do can do with it (other than return it to the shop for a refund). 😞

The O2 FAQ page is silent on this problem and offers no help at all. Has any other forum member experienced similar difficulties?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Coinsidence! Same Location Same Problem
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
different location but same problem. Retrying again, now up to 45%, got as far as 46% previously. Fingers crossed, not a good start Joggler. 😞
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the same problem today, only did it on the final update (that adds the radio functionality) though.

It seems it doesn't like using WiFi for this update, so what I did was disabled the wifi on my router therefore causing the joggler to lose connection and make the update fail, rebooted it (unplug and plug in power), changed the network settings to Wired Connection (Settings > Network) and connected the Joggler directly to my router.

This then started the update, so I let it finish and lo and behold, I finally have a working Joggler with the latest firmware. BTW you can re-setup wireless once its finished updating.

I hope i've made some sense and that this actually helps someone, though do bare in mind I won't be held responsible for any damage caused to your Joggler by performing the above stepps (either way, they have an 18-month warranty from date of purchase).

Merry Christmas slight_smile
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly the same problem - could it be the number of people attempting to get their new Christmas pressies up and running at the same time?
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just set mine up. I did it connected to my router first and once it was all updated, which did take quite a long time on the 2nd update, it did go through eventually and works ok now. Once I completed this stage I too went wireless...
I'd connect up and try try try again!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's working OK now after updating fully through WiFi.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Had the same problems are mentioned here, all updates working OK now though. However, still not getting reminder alerts from the calendar to my O2 mobile - the main reason for buying this!! Any ideas?

thanks
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I followed the advice given in ashproctor's post and have now managed to clear the problem, which did seem to be due to the internet radio software update. grin
For the benefit of other members who have encountered the same probelm, here is what I did:

1) Un-plugged the Joggler and WiFi router.
2) Connected the Joggler to the router with the ethernet patch cable
3) Powered-up the Joggler (which could no longer find the WiFi signal, so did not try to update the software), went into set-up and changed network connection to 'cable'.
4) Plugged the router back in. Joggler connected to the internet via the cable connection and proceeded to download the internat radio update.
5) Once the update had installed and the had Joggler re-started itself, I tested the radio, which was working fine, then disconnected the Joggler power supply and the ethernet cable.
6) Plugged the Joggler back in again, went back into set-up and changed the network connection back to WiFi. The unit re-started itself again and re-connected via WiFi.
7) The internat radio still works fine and I have also set-up the Calander, although I have not tested the alerts function yet.

All credit to ashproctor for comming up with the fix - thanks! Thanks also to other members who replied to my original post.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
All credit to ashproctor for comming up with the fix - thanks! Thanks also to other members who replied to my original post.

No problem, I'm glad my "workaround" worked for others slight_smile I have to say, I think the internet radio is quite a nice feature, just need to buy an audio cable to hook it into my sound system lol.
Message 10 of 10