cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone6 long wait

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone. First time poster.

Today is exactly one month since I ordered an iPhone6 from o2. When I ordered, the wait time was specified as 2-3 weeks. I've spoken to tech support after three weeks have passed and was told that wait time is 4-6 weeks right then. When I said that when I paid for the thing the delay was listed as shorter, they told me that it has now changed retroactively. Ok. I was not aware that this is how product ordering goes and assumed previously that there is a waiting line, which does not seem to be the case, if they keep pushing me down the imaginary queue. Every week or so, I get a text that my phone is not there and that they will let me know once it arrives.

I was wondering whether anybody else is in this position and what you are doing about it? I was considering simply going into an Apple store and buying the thing outright. And at the very least cancelling the order.

I'll see if it turns up in a week. It is going to be three weeks overdue then.

Anyway, any responses?
David
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cpw have them instock on two year tariffs and so do Apple Stores.

I also buy mine from the Apple Store sim free too as I'm on Payg
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I was wondering whether anybody else is in this position and what you are doing about it? 

Hi David - The answer is many people.

Some are waiting it out whilst others are cancelling and going elsewhere - see the thread jonsie has linked to above and sit yourself down for a long read......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4