cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6S Sim Won't Activate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, hope someone may be able to help me.I upgraded my Monthly contract yesterday from a Samsung to an iPhone 6S. When I picked it up in the store, the guy told me he had set it all up, and that it would 'activate' within 24 hours. 24 hours later, it still hadn't activated (just says No Service at the top), so I returned to the store, where they advised to conduct a Sim-Swap when I got home, using the activation code that would be sent to my previous phone, to force through the activation of the new SIM. The problem with this, is that my previous phone is also now not showing any network, so it is unable to receive the text message with the activation code. So I'm kind of lost, now. I can't make or receive calls or texts from either phone, so can't call O2 to ask them. I will have to return to the store, but just wondering if anyone here has any ideas? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, but remember it isn't instant. It can take up to 24 hours (but usually quicker).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You probably need to keep turning your phone off and back on....It looks as if it is going through but not completed?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As the old sim has turned off it means the sim swap has started.
Turn the new phone off/on every half hour until it gets service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice; I should have said in my initial message that I have tried a few restarts, but to no avail. I guess I can keep trying - do you think that will work?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, but remember it isn't instant. It can take up to 24 hours (but usually quicker).

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

If they do it instore when you first get it then its instantaneous, has been for me twice, sim swapped complete before I have even left the shop

Message 6 of 6