cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Messages from a contact suddenly started appearing in Spam box for some unknown reason. The contact concerned is my Son who seemed worryingly, not to be replying to several of my texts. Hadn't noticed the replies had appeared in spam box for no good reason. My phone -Samsung GT-C3590- never given problems. How can I rectify future misdirection of SMS please

Johnny M

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Try Message Settings >Blocked Numbers....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You've set his number as spam.
Long press on the text or number in contacts and remove from spam list.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I text my Son regularly each week and his messages arrived to inbox in past. Not aware of how I could have sent his number as spam. However I will try your suggestion to resolve. I am not sure at what stage or how I can use long press, I have just opened his name in contacts but holding confirm button produced no reaction. Also held button on spambox text but this simply gave option to move message to inbox which did not prevent next message again arriving as spam. Thank you for your response anyway and further help would be appreciated

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Try Message Settings >Blocked Numbers....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Long press on one of the messages you received previously. What does it show?

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ( @Anonymous ) Johnny an welcome to the community! How are you getting on with this issue? Let us know if you are still having problems and will try to help.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and well spotted, now unblocked and all is good. Sorry for the delay in responding- I have been offline

for while. Yours was the simple approach and it worked great, typical of a veteran Eh! Good Idea

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Just glad you're sorted. It's easily done.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks and well spotted, now unblocked and all is good. Sorry for the delay in responding- I have been offline

for while. Yours was the simple approach and it worked great, typical of a veteran Eh! Good Idea

Well done indeed to our Veteran...Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Read "old" 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11