cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you fall for this hoax, you could blow up your iPhone or iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure not many iPhone(or indeed other) users would fall for this but I think it may be worth drawing attention to: -

http://bit.ly/1DoCQqR

Gerry

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There are plenty daft enough to try slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 45

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reminds me of when people updated to iOS 7 and an internet rumour was circulated that made it water proof ~ and Yes some people did try it.

Makes me wonder ! 😞
Message 4 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
There are plenty daft enough to try slight_smile

A trifle harsh @MI5 ?   Not all users have the advantage of your knowledge, expertise and common sense - and we can quite easily fall prey to the technocrats who often enjoy a good laugh at our expense (literally and metaphorically).

Gerry

Message 5 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Even my 7 year old knows not to put anything metallic in a microwave slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have often felt the urge to put my phone in the microwave...but have resisted temptation LOL

Having said that...I know of someone who dropped her phone in the sink...and put it in the microwave to dry out quickly....and NO it was NOT me Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 45

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good grief 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Good grief 😞

Indeed!!....Oh how we laughed...Fear...It required a new microwave as well as a new phone (as I recall) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Even my 7 year old knows not to put anything metallic in a microwave slight_smile

That may well be true - but if he received a message such as shown in the article, which looks official etc etc  would he have the maturity of judgment to query it.  And of course not all 7 year olds have  well educated and intelligent parents to guide them.

Gerry

Message 10 of 45