cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You're welcome. I'm about as far from a Yorkshireman as you can get. If you can't find what you're looking for, or don't understand something, come back and ask again. We don't bite. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, what a laff & I do sincerely believe (as a dyed-in-the-wool Yorkshirewoman) Laughter feeds the soul & you people are incredible, in the nicest possible way of course = ha ha ha !!!

I'm just plain ignorant of the terms I listed in my original message & want to 'improve myself'.

Looking 4wd 2 my bog-standard Kindle coming from Amazon soon & what to buy 2 download music onto, when personal finances permit, with headphones ie those 'ear-plug things' just don't suit me, ty again slight_smile

Now I don't know who I have replied to and who I havn't and does it matter ie are all my replies listed for my kind helpers to see?

Message 22 of 169

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I'll go with that - thank you people slight_smile

Don't go WispaRed7, I think the teasing has been exhausted now and we would love to help with any explanations you need.

We all started from the same place and know whay it's like. Smiley Embarassed

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for saying you don't bite.

I like things simple/stupid 4 various reasons - what would U suggest I go for in a mobile electonic device 4 downloading music from my laptop - I am of modest means & don't fancy anything second-hand, but I'm no snob = I'd get a pair of head phones I've noticed coming back from the old days (I doubt you'd remember them) but seriously I'd value your independent/unbiased opinion - I use Amazon a lot for all sorts of stuff slight_smile

Message 24 of 169

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... A music player like an mp3  (b) iPad ..... A type of tablet (c) MP3 player ..... A music player (d) tablet ..... A small handheld computer that can play music / videos and go online and uses apps (e) notebook ..... A small laptop computer (f) dongle ..... Varies can be a wifi adaptor etc

Hope that clear it up see my red responses

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 25 of 169

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, what a laff & I do sincerely believe (as a dyed-in-the-wool Yorkshirewoman) Laughter feeds the soul & you people are incredible, in the nicest possible way of course = ha ha ha !!!

I'm just plain ignorant of the terms I listed in my original message & want to 'improve myself'.

Looking 4wd 2 my bog-standard Kindle coming from Amazon soon & what to buy 2 download music onto, when personal finances permit, with headphones ie those 'ear-plug things' just don't suit me, ty again slight_smile

Now I don't know who I have replied to and who I havn't and does it matter ie are all my replies listed for my kind helpers to see?

Instead of buying a 'bog standard Kindle', as you call it, you might want to look into the advantages of a tablet, either Android or Apple. You can have the Kindle app on a tablet, plus have all your music and many other things. A tablet would be much more versatile for your needs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable
Too late I've smoked the cigar now wink
Message 27 of 169

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

WispaRed7: Welcome to the forums Cheers

Message 28 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just luv the smell of a Man smoking a cigar = sorry I just do & it's rare now ... Cat Very Happy

Message 29 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much, I havn't been made to feel a'dumbo' because there just is not any IT bog-standard courses around in Skipton where I live 4 us older people - I have worked in administration, which sounds posh but wasn't, on & off, to fit in with my then husband's jobs & around other family committments all my life - until having to retire for health reasons - I am a Domestic Angel so-there-U-go & .....

HOORAY, HOORAY I AM 60 ON FRIDAY !! XX Cat Very Happy

Message 30 of 169