cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I can only change the title from here onwards.....

that'll be fine MI5 ... ... ... Oh I see you already have ... ... ... ty 

Message 71 of 169

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I can only change the title from here onwards.....

that'll be fine MI5 ... ... ... Oh I see you already have ... ... ... ty 

It will stay like this Jane as long as no-one goes back to one of the old posts and replies on that..../

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

ty Cleoriff Thanks!

Message 73 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

It Definitions / Tech Genera

Phone Chargers

I've done a bit of a silly thing, not deliberate mindst

I have 2 phone chargers ... ... ... 1 which as per advice in local O2 shop 'Your old charger will fit' but because I found it to overheat, which worried me, bought a new one with advice from MI5 & Cleoriff, they also said it will charge faster, which it does

Problem is I somehow have found one of the charges with its plug seperated from its wire (nothing broken or say bare wires showing ... ... ... it'd be taking phone out of charger late at night ... ... ... anyway as I never pull wires, only hand on plug ... ... ... How do I know which charger is which ?, I should have binned the old charger from my Nokia 515 which was replaced with Lumia 640 lte late May this year, but I didn't

One is a bit bigger than the other & has a familiar looking metal bit protruding from the wire, rectangular in section (sorry don't know what its called)

thank you in advance of any advice

Wispa' Cat

Message 74 of 169

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm stretching my memory here but wasn't the new one a 1.5 amp charger?
The rating will be on the label on the plug.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 75 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

The printing on the back of both charger plugs is so small & pale against the black colour of the charges, I can't read what it says

You've done enough MI5, but I did think to ask you first  ... ... ...  I'm going to go with the larger charger & chance it, if it heats up, then I'll Iknow, but it isn't the way I particularly wished to do it ... ... ... I'll be in the house ... ... ... I do usually charge my phone at night in my bedroom

btw, what is that shaped plug with the metal protrusion I tried to describe in my post above  ^  ^  ^

2 out of the 3 wires with metal protusions, which go into my laptop, are that shaped

the 3rd is roundish & eventually goes into the 3-pin socket in the room

Oh showing my ignorance here right arn't I ?

PS: just re-read your post MI5 no label on plugs

Message 76 of 169

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

I think you are talking about a USB cable?

The charger rating is printed on like this usually

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 77 of 169

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

and this is what your charger should look like for the 640

Currently using:
Message 78 of 169

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 79 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 ... ... ... yes the charger I bought for the 640 is just like in pic in your post above  ^  ^  ^

& the print on both of the charges I have is as you have posted, but is very indistinct & I can't read it other than the CE which is like the old British Standard Kitemark & now denotes made in Europe or to EC standards (or something like that)

As I've said both the chargers look the same, but one is bigger than the other, & that is the one I have gone for, it did warm up a bit, but so long as I'm awake in the house, I should be OK ?

Or for the price it would be to get another charger & peace of mind that would offer, should I go ahead & get another like before, I bought it off Amazon

Confused

thank you for your patience @MI5

& ty for your information that what I was trying to describe is a USB cable / connection ... ... ... will look up later in the day in my abbreviations file, or thread on the forum what USB stands for ... ... ... Universal something or other perhaps

I have heard the term USB before ... ... ... but, just goes to show what a tech novice I am  

Message 80 of 169