cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Definitions / Tech General

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would U define the following:- (a) iPod ..... (b) iPad ..... (c) MP3 player ..... (d) tablet ..... (e) notebook ..... (f) dongle ..... thank you from WispaRed7.

Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Ancient Aliens.jpg

Totally relevant to the argument about 21st century IT, still stuck in the 20th century. Definitely back to the future innit....

Message 61 of 169

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I personally struggle to keep up. So I have stopped struggling. I embrace what I know and continue to plod on

You know what?... I am quite proud to state I have come a hell of a long way in just over 2 years in terms of tech spoken about on this forum.

January 2013 I hardly dare post a damn thing for fear of looking a fool. With the help and guidance of a special few (you know who you are) I am getting along just fine thanks.

I have no problem admitting to technophobia.....I find if you are open and honest and are prepared to laugh at yourself then people on here will go the extra mile to help you out....

I know I could probably knock the socks off anyone here with medical technology....so my motto is

Know your strengths, admit your weaknesses...and never ever be afraid to ask....

Now...get down off your damn soapbox Cleo...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 169

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff 

I know I could probably knock the socks off anyone here with medical technology....so my motto is

Know your strengths, admit your weaknesses...and never ever be afraid to ask....

Now...get down off your damn soapbox Cleo...LOL

Couldn't agree more, ask me anything about automatic transmission, V8, V12 and Wankel engines and I could lose anyone in technical terms and details about the intricacies of how they work, advantages of 10 bearing crankshafts as opposed to 5 and anything at all to do with diesel engines and plant machinery.  Each to their own.

Mobile phones....? I learn from the experts on here, they know who they are...

Message 63 of 169

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yeah but....you do a damn good avatar @jonsie I mean...just look at mine.....:smileywink:

(you must be used to working with very specific instructions)

Oh and not forgetting @MI5 who found me just the right cougar....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tech etiquette

I use my phone how I wish, what I mean is ... Voicemail always Off + Phone always On (eldery parents may wish to ring me) & my son usually rings me once a fortnight Cat Very Happy

My phone will just ring & ring & ring until the caller decides to give up, because I've got the voicemail turned permanently off ... my choice for personal reasons as to whether I answer a call

I'd say its up to me how I use my phone

Over to you Tech Savvy People ... please I'd be grateful for your thoughts

Cat

Message 65 of 169

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
I do the same. To stop it ringing just press vol up which will silence the ringer but the caller won't know so they will think you aren't able to answer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 66 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please could one someone arrange for the title of this thread to inclue 'tech general' ... ... ... because it would be more accurate considering the post I have just made above  ^  ^  ^ 

Thank you in advance of anticipated / hoped for help in acheiving this

Forum's regular tech novice

Wispa' Cat

PS: Example ... = ... IT Definitions / Tech General

Message 67 of 169

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I do the same. To stop it ringing just press vol up which will silence the ringer but the caller won't know so they will think you aren't able to answer.

ty MI5 

Message 68 of 169

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

I can only change the title from here onwards.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 69 of 169

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Of course it's up to the individual as to how they use their phone. My phone is capable of so much more than I use it for but I am not bothered.....I paid for it so I can do what I like ....In fact I could sell it tomorrow and folk would think it's a brand new phone LOL (S Pen...well I have never used it...so there)...

I never have voicemail on....I have a few numbers added to my reject list...if its a number I don't recognise I wont answer.....

I have been glad of it this holiday though. The WiFi has been constant so when the laptop failed the phone has had a lot of use...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 169