cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 WiFi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that Apple said that WiFi calling in the UK would be supported by EE. Anyone know if that is an exclusive deal, or can we expect O2 to offer the same in due course? Given the appalling reception for O2 I get in our house this would be a great feature.
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Yeah, let us know how you get on with that... 4 people so far... TuGo serves the same purpose the difference being it is via an application rather than the device itself.

The issue with WiFi calling itself is that there may be times where O2 coverage is ok (2 bars behaps) where a call could be made, but WiFI is a higher quality signal but the throughput isn't available, in this case you'd drop the call because WiFi couldn't carry it, whereas the cellular coverage could.

With TuGo you have a choice.
Message 12 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the convocation i had on online support today

info : Welcome to O2, someone will be with you soon.

info : You are through to O2 Guru – Vikas

Me : hello

O2 Guru – Vikas : Hello, it's O2 Guru – Vikas here. I hope you're well. What can I do for you?

Me : i was wondering if 02 were planning on adding wifi calling for the iPhone 6 anytime soon, i know you have tugo however i am uninterested in that as i find it doest work the way i want it to and from using my friends iPhone 6 on EE using wifi calling was a lot better

O2 Guru – Vikas : Yes we are testing the WiFi calling currently and it will be available very soon to use.

O2 Guru – Vikas : Once we have positive results for our tests, we will release it to be used for all customers.

Me : great do you have a estimated time for its realise?

O2 Guru – Vikas : Approximately it will be released in second week of September.

Me : okay thank you will this just be via a carrier settings update?

O2 Guru – Vikas : Yes, it will be an update released by Apple and O2 jointly and will add a WiFi calling option in your phone.

Me : okay thank you for your help

O2 Guru – Vikas : You are welcome.

O2 Guru – Vikas :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me : no thank i think that will be all slight_smile

O2 Guru – Vikas : Have a great day ahead and take care.

O2 Guru – Vikas :

Nice chatting with you. If you've got a minute, we'd like to know what you think of our chat help. If you're happy to answer a few quick questions, click on 'End chat'. Bye.

Message 13 of 144

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good news for iPhone users slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

seems like it fingers crossed

Message 16 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just had a conversation with chirag who said that wifi calling is coming and hinted strongly at a mid sept release with ios9. Great to hear and won't need to change to EE for my next iphone
Message 17 of 144

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Makes sense that it would be part of iOS9 actually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 144

mjc1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 19 of 144

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We've heard it's coming here too but nothing 100% confirmed yet.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 144