cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 6 WiFi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that Apple said that WiFi calling in the UK would be supported by EE. Anyone know if that is an exclusive deal, or can we expect O2 to offer the same in due course? Given the appalling reception for O2 I get in our house this would be a great feature.
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143

Anonymous
Not applicable

I borrowed a friends EE iphone 6s over the weekend and to be honest wi-fi calling makes TuGo look like a joke. Wi-Fi calling is completely seamless.

Message 31 of 144

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes we know but until o2 implement wifi calling we are stuck with TuGo. With an iphone I would be off at the speed of light to EE. If you are on a refresh contract, pay off the device and go with EE if the coverage is good for you.

Message 32 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu Go is and always has been a disaster on iOS. o2 were once exlcusive with Visual Voicemail and thats what attracted me to them. Dissapointing to at not least see some type of offical announcement confriming or denying that its coming. Im getting closer to moving to either EE or 3 as they do seem to be a bitmore forward thinking let alone much better data plans but thats another thread!

Message 33 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is 'we', are you an o2 employee ?

Message 34 of 144

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only employees here say so in their sig.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh OK. I just wondered who the 'we' referred to was?

Anyway, I would be off to EE in a flash but unfortunately I live in the sticks in Suffolk and the coverage on all networks is very poor locally but o2 is the best of a bad bunch.

Lets hope o2 is listening, but having had some involvement with a number of the networks I doubt any of them take that much notice of customer requests.

Message 36 of 144

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It has been rumoured that wifi calling is coming to o2 but nothing official as yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 144

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Who is 'we', are you an o2 employee ?

Nope.

The we I was referring to are all the regulars on here who have seen the multitude of iphone users complaining about the app and incompatibility issues with iOS. Search or read the TuGo threads and you will see the problems people are experiencing from the moment TuGo was heralded in various media pages and by O2,  over 2 years now and the developers are no nearer to solving Apple's restrictions. Only wifi calling will help customers so the app can be ditched.

Having said that, it works fine for android users apart from the need for full integration with the phones' os.

Message 38 of 144

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a random feedback questionaire emailed to me by o2. It didnt indidcate what it was about so was about to delete the email when I thought I may as well clink on the link and complete. 

It was actually about Tu Go, what I thought of it etc,  and if I had heard of wi-fi calling, and if I would use it.

So it does seem they are at the comtemplating, lets hope they listen. So completed it telling them exactly what I thought of TuGo and YES I want wi-fi calling.

Message 39 of 144

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very interesting to know. Perhaps they have finally given up on TuGo and have developed it as far as they can.

Wifi calling would make it obsolete.

Message 40 of 144