cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me when the IOS 8 comes out? I forgot, is it this week?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which is why I don't use OTA. It's a massive file and is uber slow sometimes due to apples servers being hit.

At least iTunes method downloads the iOS 8 Files first and then updates the iDevice.
Message 11 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Best not to update immediately then and to wait and see.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Thanks for the info bandofbrothers"

Pleasure. slight_smile
Message 13 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you know I typically leave it a couple of days unless the devs say its clear of any major bugs.

Then smaller niggles if any are remedied by patches. wink
Message 14 of 32

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 15 of 32

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Which is why I don't use OTA. It's a massive file and is uber slow sometimes due to apples servers being hit.

At least iTunes method downloads the iOS 8 Files first and then updates the iDevice.

I remember leaving iOS7 for a couple of days last year for the servers to calm down but OTA isn't a problem on the two 64gb devices we have as they aren't even close to been a quarter full.....

The 16gb one might struggle this year though so will do that through iTunes just to be safe.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't use to use OTA for other reasons wink ~ but as you say it's a matter of choice.

I have around 9Gb free so I could I suppose.
Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Never had a problem so I do what's most convenient at the time - everything is backed up anyway so no biggie either way.......

Currently using:
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kool. wink
Message 19 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let u all know I the IOS 8 is out at 6pm in the UK tomorrow, found out through apple website- the USA version
Message 20 of 32