cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I phone wi fi will not work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just recently my I phone 4s decided it will not connect, I have incurred huge costs for data, O2 refuses to replace the phone and wants almost £400 to repair it. Apple have said they will replace the phone as it is within its one year warranty. I think O2 may be in breach of contract by supplying a phone not fit for purpose under the supply of goods act. Help!!!
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your best option is to take it to apple and get them to replace it don't mess about with O2 repairs they are known to be bad at the best of times apple will sort it on the spot
Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What is O2 saying is wrong with it ? Have they sent it off to their repair centre ?

If apple say they will replace it then make a Genius Bar appointment and have it swapped.

Have you tried resetting the iPhone ?

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.

And or go into the wifi settings and press renew licence.

If that does not work then press forget network.
How have you accrued such a high bill ?

Have you been abroad ?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
My apologies I omitted to add the link. 😞

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
Message 3 of 11

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
There's a known problem with Wifi stopping working on the 4s, think it's something to do with the wifi antenna becoming dislodged. I'd take it to an Apple store and see what they say, or if feeling brave visit iFixit and look for guides on how to repair it. But beware as you could kill the phone completely!
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That was documented as the iPhone 4 not the 4s.

If they use anyone else apart from Apple and their authorised engineers all remaining warranty would become void. 😞
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an official Apple Link on Trouble shooting wifi issues.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398
Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just take it back to Apple.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your best option is to take it to apple and get them to replace it don't mess about with O2 repairs they are known to be bad at the best of times apple will sort it on the spot
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes definitely Apple. It seems to be a common fault and Apple will just swap it out for you.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple will swap it out for a refurbished model as long as the criteria is met.

Ie not cosmetic damage consistent with a drop.

None of the water indicators are tripped.

I'm still interested in what O2 we're quoting £400 for. You can buy them for less than that.
Message 10 of 11