cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hull O2 Coverage Abysmal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have been an O2 customer for over 5 years. I have witnessed a distinct lack of service within the hull area which seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on.

At my home in the HU7 area - I normally get a Full signal, this has degraged to 1 bar of signal strength. In the Hull city centre the signal is next to useless. And if you happen to be in the Whitefriaregate, Silver Street of Trinity House lane area, you might as well turn your phone off to conserve battery or leave it in your pocket.

Ok the buildings around there are tall when you walking on the street, but that doesnt stop my friends Vodafone signal getting to his full at full strength.

Sat at my office desk now on Anlaby road  HU3, right next to a whole bunch of masts on top of the Hull Royal Infirmary (but not sure if one is O2, well it cant be or I would have some signal) I have a whopping NIL bars. NIL!! So much so that the nice little RED x appears occasionally to let me know the phone lost contact with the provider altogether. Appauling really. 

The status checker webesite is nothing short of patronising as are the staff when you call them. We are all very much clued up these days. Dont lie to us, tell us the truth.

O2 get your act together - we pay you good money and you can't even provide a decent GSM signal in the entire Hull area, and i've not even mentioned data.

The only reason I have stuck with O2 is because to an extent I have little choice. Some scumbag in london decided to get a phone from EE in my name and never pay for it. Yes I told experian and Wrote to EE. And even though it is removed from my credit file, I still manage to fail the EE credit check ( I mean for a £20 a month Sim...c'mon)  I would move in a flash to EE if I could. 

So stuck with you O2 - get your signal, poor coverage, over subscription sorted by investing in more infrastructure, you're happy to take our money!!!!

Mildly Miffed.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Welcome to the Community.

There are several posts already running on this topic. May I suggest you do a search for Hull and have a read of the current position.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I did do a search for HULL.

I thought the appauling service warranted a new thread. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okly doklies.

I note you say you're on Anlaby Road, I don't know the full postcode but I assume you are in Anlaby which is towards the edge of the 3g area.

Have you tried (for calls and texts) turning your phone to 2g gsm only?
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I suspect 4g is been rolled out to your area so you will likely have patchy signal until this is completed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

HU32JZ

Well it's actually Anlaby Road (workplace), so not the edge of signal in Anlaby like you perhaps thought.

Regards

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no indication on the status checker status.o2.co.uk that the 4g modernisation programme has reached your area although o2 are far from reliable on this.

Unless 4g is being installed (which we don't know) then would have to think it is a mixture of location and congestion. 3g can get congested although you would normally see a signal even if you can't use it.

Have you tried 2g gsm only on your device?
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hull was supposed to get 4g Q4 2014 but it didn't happen - Hence my suspicions now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite a few were meant to get it in Q4 including some of the South West but so many didn't happen.

O2 need to crack on with it.
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well 4G is rolling ever onward but it would be to everyone's benefit if O2 gave some form of schedule. Less complaints and frustration for us customers and may even save some lost customers. They seem to lack any kind of vision in keeping a customer informed and satisfied.

Message 10 of 13