cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hull O2 Coverage Abysmal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have been an O2 customer for over 5 years. I have witnessed a distinct lack of service within the hull area which seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on.

At my home in the HU7 area - I normally get a Full signal, this has degraged to 1 bar of signal strength. In the Hull city centre the signal is next to useless. And if you happen to be in the Whitefriaregate, Silver Street of Trinity House lane area, you might as well turn your phone off to conserve battery or leave it in your pocket.

Ok the buildings around there are tall when you walking on the street, but that doesnt stop my friends Vodafone signal getting to his full at full strength.

Sat at my office desk now on Anlaby road  HU3, right next to a whole bunch of masts on top of the Hull Royal Infirmary (but not sure if one is O2, well it cant be or I would have some signal) I have a whopping NIL bars. NIL!! So much so that the nice little RED x appears occasionally to let me know the phone lost contact with the provider altogether. Appauling really. 

The status checker webesite is nothing short of patronising as are the staff when you call them. We are all very much clued up these days. Dont lie to us, tell us the truth.

O2 get your act together - we pay you good money and you can't even provide a decent GSM signal in the entire Hull area, and i've not even mentioned data.

The only reason I have stuck with O2 is because to an extent I have little choice. Some scumbag in london decided to get a phone from EE in my name and never pay for it. Yes I told experian and Wrote to EE. And even though it is removed from my credit file, I still manage to fail the EE credit check ( I mean for a £20 a month Sim...c'mon)  I would move in a flash to EE if I could. 

So stuck with you O2 - get your signal, poor coverage, over subscription sorted by investing in more infrastructure, you're happy to take our money!!!!

Mildly Miffed.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 consider their customers.
Who pay the bills.
To give o2 the money to upgrade?

Now there's a novelty.
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed @jonsie

Message 12 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I shall let the team know about this and shall report back on any info if/when I get it. Do update us all if things improve for you today.

Welcome to the community slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13