cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete this o2 online community profile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to delete this profile and all information, posts and data associated with it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

@Anonymous 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I think if you want all this information deleted then it will need to be done by @Toby  the community co-ordinator. (I am not sure all the info you request can be deleted...)

Perhaps if you PM him by clicking on his name in my link he may be able to advise you further..?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I go by past enquiries the posts may stand as they will be integrated into past threads , providing help and advice for the Community Forum.

Site Admin will clarify if you Private Message them.

Past advice has been to log out and let the login go dormant.

I'll be sad to see you go as I've enjoyed your interactions both here and on Twitter.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I'm afraid your profile and previous posts aren't deleted. They remain as a record of previous threads and conversations etc.

In terms of your profile, just don't log in. You can go to your settings and change some elements of your info but that is about as far as it goes in afraid.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @Cleoriff @Anonymous

What? What a joke.

I'm going to message @Toby and see what he says but this is RIDICULOUS.

I just want to remove any trave I have of ever being with O2. This just adds to the awful service that they are providing.

Refusal of removing my information?

Wow.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is not a refusal @Anonymous it is a fact of life. If you think about your online world, places you have bought from for example, or social media sites etc, none of them actually delete your information. They may hide it from view, the may even give you the option to turn your profile off, but they don't delete it.

So o2 are not being any different to any other online company or service.

Sorry if you don't agree but it is the way it is. Sometimes you have to just accept this.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

From Facebooks Help guide

"When you choose to delete something you shared on Facebook, we remove it from the site. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account."

If facebook with its 1 billion users can manage to actually delete information through account deletion. I see no reason as to why O2 can not.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can delete certain things on Facebook yes but even though you can delete your account facebook still keep it on their systems.

I am not going to engage in protracted debate @MannyO. You have asked. We have advised. I'm afraid that is as far as this can go.

You have asked @Toby who will be along when he is next at work (remember he doesn't work 7 days a week 24 hours a day - he will pick this up as part of his work flow).

He is likely to confirm the advice given the above. Its time to let it go. We all have things in our past we wish we could delete but can't.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Terms and Conditions (which you had to agree to when you signed up to Community) number 1 states:

To participate in and contribute to the O2 Community you may have to register at o2.co.uk. Any personal information you give as part of this registration process and/or any other interaction with us will be collected, stored and used in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Message 10 of 13