cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get somebody from 02 to contact you when they promise to but never do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had our coverage reduced to point where we cannot hold any calls. We were first told this was a fault, have spoken online twice about this - first time no follow up - second time we have been told we have had a written reply (not true and referred to a letter written 12 months ago - useless! We have spoken to billing over 10 times and each time promised someone would email us (we cannot receive a call!!!) Still no email. We have spoken to Networks three times and (paraphrasing) the billing agent been told this is not a repair as originally informed but a repositioning of the mast with a Vodafone mast share. Our Voda coverage greatly improved but no 02. Networks promised someone from billing would contact us by email....guess what...no email....nobody in O2 is capable of owning anything or taking responsibility to resolve. I have been a customer since BT Cellnet's first year in business and customer service has always been poor but this is the worst ever yet. Literally after 15 attempts we have not managed to find anyone capable of following up and nobody prepared to write an email. As a last resort we have been forced to cancel our DD and still no one in O2 can be bothered to follow up...what on earth do you need to do? When I have been paying £1200 per year for three business mobiles for many many years this is nothing short of appalling....but not isolated. It seems nobody in 02 has ever been empowered enough to have the autonomy to actually try to make an attempt to solve any problem. We have no hope of reply here but will keep posting just in case....???
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

We are all customers here have you raised a formal complaint using the complaints process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

And cancelling your DD will just result in o2 passing the debt to a collection agency and ruining your credit file

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

We are all customers here have you raised a formal complaint using the complaints process here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

And cancelling your DD will just result in o2 passing the debt to a collection agency and ruining your credit file

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and a welcome to the forum,

I appreciate your frustration as we as customers like you have at one point or another experienced network issues.

Indeed O2 covers loss of service / service not available everywhere in the Terms and Conditions 😞 so sending off a complaint via the link may or may not yield perhaps a goodwill gesture of reduced tariff payment and a standard apology.

As your a business customer I'm assuming your on a business account. Have you been made aware of BoostBoxes from O2 which are only available to business accounts ,which could possibly improve your network strength at home. (Home broadband speeds permitting. )

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/business/boostbox-terms

If your on a normal pay monthly tariff then perhaps O2 Tugo's Service may help.

http://tu.com/en/mobile/

Let us know how you get on.

As Abadan has mentioned cancelling your Direct Debit could lead to your account being suspended and any monies owed being sold to a Debt Collection Agency possibly resulting on a default notice being placed on your credit file. Something nobody needs especially someone running a business. I'd suggest contacting O2 and re setting this back up.
Message 3 of 5

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community.

As Adam has said, we are all customers here.

I understand your frustration of O2 not calling you back and I would be extremely anxious if I couldn't use my phone as well.

Have you tried to go to your local O2 store? They could either have a quick look at your phone and maybe try a simple solution, or they could call or do a web chat with O2 to find out what can be done to help you.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have always had signal and now haven't got it that is down to O2 to sort out I would certainly make the complaint they have to do something
Message 5 of 5