cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours waiting the phone/live chat trying to speak to someone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a new sim only contract and want to transfer my phone number from the old contract to the new sim card, but I can't get through to anyone on the phone or live chat. I only have time after 7:30pm and the phone line closes at 9pm. I spent hours waiting on two phone lines (both my landline and mobile) and online chat to the customer service, but I can't get to speak to anyone. After 9pm I continued to use online chat but it keeps saying "We're really busy right now. Thanks for waiting." At 11pm I gave up.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this company? Could any one call me back to deal with this? Otherwise, I will have to send my new sim only card back and switch to another company. 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've just spoken to Customer services and got through ok

You could try live chat but I'd stick with 02 on 202

Edit to remove some info.
Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Please don't use the swapmysim form as that will mess everything up.
You need CS unless you are switching from PAYG to contract? If so, use this one http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost
Otherwise, unfortunately keep trying CS.

Actually I've just seen you said "old contract" so unfortunately it's a phone call required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

NO, I can't do it online. The reason I am trying to phone is because everytime I typed in my new sim serial number I got the message saying:

Step 3 Enter your sim serial number in the box below

Then click Continue so we can swap your old sim to your new sim.

We're already doing a sim swap for your mobile phone number.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

We have heard it can be 1-2 hours waiting time.

They shut soon too.

Perhaps try early morning tomorrow.
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wasted another night phoning from 7:30 until now. I am so fed up with O2. O2 used to be really good at customer service. Really disappoointed and angry. 

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are people who don't have time to phone up in the morning. I only have time after 7:30pm everyday.I am fed up with your service.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just rang thorough the payg option 4445 and got through straightaway.

Perhaps just luck.

Fully appreciate your frustrations. We are all fellow customers here too.
Message 8 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's not our service mate, it's o2's.
Sorry but nothing else we can do for you 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't realize this is not customer service forum. Sorry I was angry, I thought O2 customer service staff would help here. Thanks for all your help. Still trying. No luck so far.

Message 10 of 21