cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Re: Information about 3 and 4 G service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have lived at my current address for 4 years now. The service that o2 provide is very minimal? Most of the time I don't get a signal, it's frustrating sending text messages as they always nearly fail. There is a large radio mast 600 metres from where I live on top of a hill (Carne - here in Cornwall) with several o2 cabinets (it says so on the doors!)

I have even sat next to this Radio mast and experience the same problem?? I'm told by my local o2 shop I can get 3G - o2 site says I can't, other providers do provide a good quality 3G service... my daughter has 3-Three; and everywhere she went around this area on holiday she was able to use 3G with a good signal?

My understanding is, having tried to contact o2 about this matter on repeated occasions is that they are really trying to ignore the issue? I just get told, sorry, we don't provide that service for you... and I cannot help, there is no information on this?

Am I to accept that o2 are not going to, or unwilling to provide me with a decent service here where I live? I have kept the faith for many years now ith o2 but is this a sign that other operators are leaving o2 behind and it's time to move on elsewhere?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You must have 'faith' starting a new 2 year contract knowing current service is fringe / weak in your area. slight_smile

I hope Network future comes to your area ASAP and as I said possibly Tugo could help in the interim.
Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Many are saying the same sadly. I'm having to use three where I am now because I can't get an o2 signal. They are falling way behind right now but i'm hanging on for the network improvements they are rolling out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I appreciate your frustration.

All though a way off yet this is the network future http://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/network-coverage/the-next-big-thing

At home with wifi and on contract you could try o2's Tugo in the interim

Whatsapp and viber are alternatives although the recipient need them downloaded too.

Another option is to try out alternative networks via Payg sims and perhaps move via asking for a PAC a Code. If your near the end of your contract it should be easy.

If not then it would be the remaining amount if months x tariff amount minus any bolt ons.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys? I want to keep the faith with o2 as I said I've been with them many years now and don't like to switch.

BandofBrothers... I've just taken out a new 24 month contract (such as my keeping the faith with o2??) so that is not an option.

I guess I will just have to see what they roll out in the new service they are going to provide? If it remains the same, then I will have to change to some other service that can provide what I need.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You must have 'faith' starting a new 2 year contract knowing current service is fringe / weak in your area. slight_smile

I hope Network future comes to your area ASAP and as I said possibly Tugo could help in the interim.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks once again Band - my internet at home is provided by BT so I use my WiFi here at home with them and the Hotspots that are supposed to be around here, but I've never found any???

I guess it's give and take? Like all mobile phones, you have areas covered, and others that are not? I think to get 100% coverage you'd probably need about 6 sim cards to do the job!!

Oh well, hopefully one day I shall get the service I want!

Cheeers...

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help. wink
Message 8 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm the same mate. Been with O2 since the 90`s and can remember when no one could touch them for signal. They still give great 2g for me but that doesn't cut it with modern smartphones.
Hoping they'll be great again all over after the upgrades are completed...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another post about the poor service outside of urban areas. I admire your loyalty in taking another 2 year contract. Hopefully you don't have a Windows Phone and are able to use Tugo.  

Message 10 of 10