cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello and goodbye

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been with o2 for a good number of years but had enough
On a refresh contract and was trying to upgrade, 100 mile round trip to o2 shop and they could not offer prices displayed on website, staff that are just plain not interested,  40 mins on hold for customer services for phone to go dead, 1hr 35mins on Chat with 5 different operators to be fobbed off, a website that does a "verified by visa transaction" then fails.
Add in no data service within 50 miles, removal of all hotspots within 50 miles, round trip of 380 miles for a "rewards" cinema ticket.

Time to smile nicely and move on - wonder how many hours I will need to spend on phone to pay off contract?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget to ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number.

Legally they have to provide this to you within 2 hours and once given to your new network it will start the cancellation procedure.

Message 2 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Poor service all round, it's a shame when people feel they have to leave but i can't say as I blame you. I've just taken one of my numbers to EE and it's nice to just have complete 4G coverage everywhere I travel in my normal day to day commute and habitat.

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow
Sorry that u went through that
I think u should call up Customer Services on 202 from ur mobile and disscuss it with them maybe they will be able to help u or sent an email to the complaints department
@scotsserve
Normaly the O2 stores are really good but than it depends on the person whos working on that day he or she might not be in the mood to help..
But hopefully everything goes well 4 ya
Message 4 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take into account that you can unlock your phone for free here as a contract customer https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Please do check out alternative Netwirks via Payg SIM cards before committing to them.

Take care.
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Almost certainly going with Three - only provider that can offer me 3G where I live and work, thing is if it had not been for all the hassle I would not even have looked around, would have been a good little o2'er and blindly upgraded my phone. Getting too old and grumpy to have to deal with poor customer service when there are plenty other places that want my money.
Message 7 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Almost certainly going with Three - only provider that can offer me 3G where I live and work, thing is if it had not been for all the hassle I would not even have looked around, would have been a good little o2'er and blindly upgraded my phone. Getting too old and grumpy to have to deal with poor customer service when there are plenty other places that want my money.

Agree with that. You have to go with the network that meets your needs.... No good throwing money awayof you can't use your phone...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now spent 2 days trying to get phone unlocked & refresh contract settled - just gets worse
Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's terrible and there's little we can say only sympathise. No excuse really.

Message 10 of 25