cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One locked, I know email but forget password, can I take it to an 02 shop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

So, I've locked myself out of my HTC one. I know the email address associated with it (gmail) but my main account is yahoo. Therefore I can remember the password. I've reset the gmail password but the phone is not connected to the internet so it doesn't pick up the change. Therefore, can I bring it to my local O2 shop so they can unlock. It under contract.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You will need to factory reset it and start over.
Press and hold both Volume down button as well as power button until the screen goes completely black.
Once it is black release the power button only. Do not release the volume down button.
You will be booted into the bootloader mode.
From here you can select recovery mode by navigating using the volume up or down. Use power button to make a selection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You will need to factory reset it and start over.
Press and hold both Volume down button as well as power button until the screen goes completely black.
Once it is black release the power button only. Do not release the volume down button.
You will be booted into the bootloader mode.
From here you can select recovery mode by navigating using the volume up or down. Use power button to make a selection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Once you log in with your Google account and new password it should re download your apps and the HTC backup if you had it enabled.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, this work but I would like to add that I got a screen with a red exclamation mark. To get around this and select options, once you enter stock recovery (red mark) simultaneously and briefly press POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN to get to the menu.

Anyway thanks and here's the kudos
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thanks for the update and tip slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5