cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - How to I transfer credit between SIMs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help - my SIM got damaged recently and no longer works. I have receievd a new one but I have almost £20 credit on the old SIM that I want to transfer to the new one. Major point -  I can't read the serial number of the old SIM but I do have the number. Can anyone help so I dont lose £20? 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Best option is to go to a O2 high street shop and they may be able to help or speak to O2 on 4445. The transfer of funds happens when a swapmysim procedure is actioned which also moves your tariff and mobile number across from the old sim to the new one.

Make sure you ask for an account specific SIM card as payg ones are different to contract as they hold different info on them.
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Best option is to go to a O2 high street shop and they may be able to help or speak to O2 on 4445. The transfer of funds happens when a swapmysim procedure is actioned which also moves your tariff and mobile number across from the old sim to the new one.

Make sure you ask for an account specific SIM card as payg ones are different to contract as they hold different info on them.
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to speak to customer service who can transfer the credit for you. it can take 24 hours before the new sim is credited. Call 4445 from your mobile. I'm not sure if live chat can help but might be worth a go.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well most of it has been said, u can either do a sim swap and transfer the old number to the new sim and the credit will transfer with it or u can ask 4445 (CS) to transfer it to the new number.:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When I moved from PAYG to Contract...I had £42 credit on old phone. A call to CS transferred that for me immediately. Very painless...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The old serial number shouldn't be required if you use the online form?
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

unless the sim can receive sms, cust services have to do it or an o2 store. You need to be able to get a code sent via sms to do the sim swap both online or via the swap my sim txt service.

Message 7 of 7