Did you mean: 

MBB Data Rollover Ending.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Just a heads up for anyone on a PAYG MBB tariff - This email just in:

From 14 May, Pay & Go Mobile Broadband's changing.
Data rollover's coming to an end. That means your data will expire 30 days after you bought it, and that includes any previously rolled over data you have now. So remember to use up all your data before it runs out.

More details here

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
  • 122760 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

They often have discussions, opinions and types of surveys here:

https://www.o2trailblazers.co.uk/Portal/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fPortal%2fmembers%2fdefault.aspx

Sounds like Join-in-O2 and Getsatisfaction-O2 and who knows what others, nothing lasts too long. Smiley Frustrated

It's been going for around 12 months and replaced Join In, first month I got a £50 Amazon voucher.....Bouncy

So...it was YOU that supplied the info about O2 MBB then @jonsie ?...Happy Dance(I will blame you as you kept all this secret) .....£50 Amazon voucher indeed...*Sniffs* LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 42

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

According to this

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/changes-to-mobile-broadband-data-rollover?cm_mmc=email-_-...

customers kept telling O2 that they did not want their data to roll over to the next month. I mean, I can certanly imagine folks phoning, writing, complaining, threatening to switch networks and what not because they were able to use their data allowance for longer than just 1 month slight_smile  "These data rollovers", they said, "are total pain in the backside, we want, no, we demand for all our unused data, which we have paid for, to dissapear at the end of the month!"

Being a customer-focused venture, O2 have listened and acted upon. Credits to them slight_smile

Message 22 of 42

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/MBB-Data-Rollover-Ending/m-p/868480#U868480
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 42

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does make you wonder doesn't it. I can't think of one reason why someone would complain about this!

Message 25 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122760 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@cyrillicguyYour opening comments about 'what customers said they wanted' was very much my thoughts (on he thread @MI5 linked to) This was when I found out about the so called Trail Blazers group... Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
"..... data rollover isn’t something you want – most of you buy more data than you need.### So we’re creating new data plans that are smaller ###"
They're geniuses.
Less data, no rollover, same price points.
Geniuses I tell you.
Message 27 of 42

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Like having a bar of chocolate (which get smaller everytime you buy one) and having to throw it away if you haven't finished it at the end of the month.

Message 28 of 42

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Nope, it's like Cadbury coming round to reclaim the uneaten choccy then telling you, because you don't eat enough, you're only getting a 4 block bar now not 6 block. But it's for your benefit.
Message 29 of 42

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Toby Maybe these 2 threads can be merged ?

Currently using:
Message 30 of 42