cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye 02...12 years and all you offer me a £1 loyalty discount...

Anonymous
Not applicable

After 12 years with 02 and my contract ending  shortly,yesterday I rang 02 for this deal Tesco offer :

1000 minutes/5000 text/1 gig of data £10 per month 18 month contract Tesco/02

02 wanted £16.50 per month for same tarif and when I asked about the loyalty bonus after 12 years with 02, was offerd £1 discount per month!!!!!

So £5.50 per month extra if stay with 02.......

So now going with Tesco mobile with still use 02 as the network provider and saving £99 over the 18 month contract. Does not make sense why 02 would not want to keep a long and loyal customer as myself whom bills vary depending on the job im working from £20-£100 per month when bolt ons or extra minutes are used.

Goodbye 02..well sort of  Confused

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there got a pm from Toby -computer says no thanks anyway for trying to him and ta for your we comment -have repetitive strain injury trying to post this ...and a yearning to buy a carrier pigeon ....
Message 11 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
...curiousity is killing me wish I could get a non private reply !^,*#
Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
No way was I to know travelling to county Fermanagh from Belfast I would be charged data roaming -was still in me own country ...could only happen in our wee Ulster lol ...
Message 13 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No way was I to know travelling to countyFermanagh from Belfast I would be charged data roaming -was still in me own country ...could only happen in our wee Ulsterlol ...

At some point, when travelling close to the Southern Irish border, you must have roamed onto one of their networks.

You can set your phone to just manually lock onto one network and turn off data roaming to prevent this in future.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Utterly ridiculous way to treat current customers.

To upgrade with O2 : iPhone 6, 3Gb, unlimited mins/text : £46 / month + upfront cost.

Same deal with Carphone Warehouse £36 / month and NO upfront cost.

......and the new network? you've guessed it, O2.

Message 15 of 32

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
But CPW don't have a network to maintain and they pass on commission from the networks.
If you don't want a refresh tariff just go to CPW, no need to get mad over it at all......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's not ridiculous at all, if there were no subsidies for places like CPW they would not exist.

Subsidiaries are always cheaper than a main dealer that's how it works.

The choice is there for you to make.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 32

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
and without the competition all networks would be free to charge extortionate prices....

Currently using:
Message 18 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you two work for O2 its no wonder customers are leaving in their droves.
Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
We don't and where's your proof that customers are leaving in "droves".
I do think you understand the economies of business very well.......?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 32