Did you mean: 

Give us your thoughts on a Community Knowledge Base

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some of you may recall that I mentioned a Knowledge Base late last year.

A Knowledge Base (KB) is a structured and organised place where we can move some of the great guides, content and advice that you give to form a nicely presented set of help 'articles'

O2 has many products and services and these are reflected in the large variety of boards we have on the community.

If/when we start to create a KB here on the community, we've been thinking that the same structure would work on the KB too, as it would be easier to move content to the right place.

However, what do you think? Would you do it differently? What are your thoughts on a Knowledge Base in general? Do you have any questions?

I cant wait to hear your thoughts slight_smile

55156080.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

As many of you say, the presentation, structure and location of the KB will be a key to all of this, thanks for your thoughts and continue to give them.

I want to ensure all of the content you guys create can be accessed in multiple ways and in multiple forms, as we all find different kinds of content more useful depending on our preferences. @Cleoriff , I'll address some of your questions soon slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@Cleoriff , I'll address some of your questions soon slight_smile

Thanks @Toby  I am well aware I am keeping you VERY busy today... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was quite interested in the proposal to create a Knowledge Base until I read "..I want to ensure all of the content you guys create can be accessed ....".   I am sure there is a treasure trove of useful information contained within the various Boards and Topics on this Forum - but cannot all be described by any stretch of the imagination as "knowledge".  Hopefully the KB if it ever comes to fruition will not simply be a collection of all the posts submitted on certain subjects or problems.   Personally I find it very frustrating when searching for help (not just in the O2 Community but elsewhere) to be presented with threads that might contain dozens of contributions with multiple repetitions of the original issue and subsequent replies, together with all the internecine griping and complaining between the correspondents. 

If a useful and practicable KB is going to be developed it will require considerable care and conscientious editing. I doubt very much whether O2 will have the stomach for such a job at this stage.   

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous wrote:

"If a useful and practicable KB is going to be developed it will require considerable care and conscientious editing. I doubt very much whether O2 will have the stomach for such a job at this stage."

I'm guessing that it will be a collaboration between staff and community members to put together a series of articles to address some of the more common issues that arise. It will always be a "work in progress" because products and services are changing all the time. I'm sure it will be a big task to begin with, but once it's up and running, it should be a case of periodically amending articles as and when required. On giffgaff some members are given editing rights to assist in that task, so it's very much a team effort. But I'm sure Toby will be able to give us more details about how it's likely to be managed.
Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I assume it will be very similar if not identical to giffgaff's.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Anything that will be approved to a TKB article would have to have a review/guide-type structure. 'Articles' as many of you have referred to. @MI5 's MMS charges guide would be a prime example of something I would 'nominate' to adding slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Anything that will be approved to a TKB article would have to have a review/guide-type structure. 'Articles' as many of you have referred to. @MI5 's MMS charges guide would be a prime example of something I would 'nominate' to adding slight_smile

??  Did something mysterious happen to the editing process in that message, or am i just not reading it correctly?

Message 17 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Toby wrote:

??  Did something mysterious happen to the editing process in that message, or am i just not reading it correctly?

I am unsure @Anonymous 

Get involved:

Message 18 of 18