cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 - 12 days on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I would do a quick review of the S6 now I have had it for a few days. Instead of doing a full review I do a pros and cons type review of the main points that I have noticed.

Pros:

Wireless  charging - I have the samsung wireless charging pad and in my view this is one of the best aspects of the S6 - just pop the phone down on the pad while it's not in use and it's charging - lights on the pad show when it's charged.

Fast Charging - another great aspect, 20 mins and you have a usable charge to help in emergencies and tide you over until you can charge fully.

Camera - outstanding pictures and excellent performance in low light conditions too.

Display - best display I have ever seen on a mobile device - simple as that!

Speed - The phone is no slouch, it zips along at a fair rate of knots! No lags as far as I can see.

Fingerprint sensor - works great - better than the one on my Tab S tablet.

Build quality - very solid and with a premium feel - you won't be embarassed passing this to a friend to borrow!!

Cons:

Power button - could be placed a bit higher up on the side, just not quite in a natual position - but obviously something you get used to.

Heat - it can get warm in use, not so much calls and texts but really noticable when using the camera for any prolonged length of time - it's not hot to the point where you think something is wrong but it's warm - but I think this is partly down to the glass back - the glass seems to stay warm for a while even when the phone isn't in use, so clearly isn't very good at radiating the heat away. Looking around online other have made this point as well.

UHD Video - while it looks great and plays back ok on the phone, you will have issues playing back this video on a laptop or other similar device without some additional software or updates - don't risk your precious memories to UHD video just use the HD video!

Ringtone - doesn't come with a ringing ringtone - I like my phones to ring not play me a tune - but this is just me!

Overall verdict.

Great phone with a few niggles that when balanced against the quality of the phone aren't a game changer. If you are thinking of getting one - you won't be sorry!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The cons wouldn't be a problem for most people but good point about the video.

Message 2 of 2