Galaxy S5 is coming (unpacking event)

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions

http://www.samsung.com/uk/unpacked/

Monday, 24th February 2014, 7pm GMT

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

The Samsung Note 12.2 looks bloody brilliant.

Early rumours and speculation about the iPhone 6 is a larger Retina display, Sapphire Crystal Screen Protection and onboard storage being a mininum of 32GB (unformatted).

I will need to watch the Samsung video to get the heads up on that. Early speculation was that it would carry an Octocore processor (not the quad-core processors). A 2K display meaning it is a quad HD display system and on an AMOLED display that's going to look really good.

Phone wars eh? 

@anticpated I can almost feel your excitement in your post.

Dance

Message 21 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
Having problems with the Note or just doesn't like it??

It's the original Note and it's really slowed down.  It also has an annoying (for me!) tendency to have key sounds on even though they are off according to the settings.  He's slightly deaf and can't hear them but I have hearing like a bat and it drives me mad!

BOB, he will read the reviews and look at the phone before he gets it!  Unless there is a huge difference I think he will go for the S4 and get a better deal.  He was thinking of an iPhone but prefers Samsung and, as he has now linked his Google calendar to his iPad, I think he'll stick with Samsung.

Message 22 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BOB, he will read the reviews and look at the phone before he gets it!  Unless there is a huge difference I think he will go for the S4 and get a better deal.  He was thinking of an iPhone but prefers Samsung and, as he has now linked his Google calendar to his iPad, I think he'll stick with Samsung.

Don't mind me i was only teasing.   Hug

Message 23 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

I'll be very surprised if he does go for something new and untested to be honest.  If the Note wasn't so slow now I think he would have gone SIM only.  I used it the other day and it was painfully slow.  Then again I am biased as I've hated it since he got it...

Message 24 of 121

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
I'm liking at maybe the Note 3 or the S5 so awaiting the release with great interest.
@Tracyjs1975
I know the feeling, I have tinnitus and all my settings are set to full volume. Used to annoy my wife to hell!
Message 25 of 121

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
This evening should be interesting! Thanks for posting MI5 and do let us know what you think of the reveal guys slight_smile

I agree with BoB, the countdown timer is great.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:
I'm liking at maybe the Note 3 or the S5 so awaiting the release with great interest.
@Tracyjs1975
I know the feeling, I have tinnitus and all my settings are set to full volume. Used to annoy my wife to hell!

You poor thing Jonsie, my husband has tinnitus as well.

Just to show how bad his hearing is, he set the timer on the cooker yesterday and was in the kitchen when it went off but couldn't hear it.  I was in the bedroom and could hear it clearly!  He also struggles with car alarms...

No wonder he doesn't hear the key sounds on the phone!

Message 27 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
@Tracyjs1975

You poor thing Jonsie, my husband has tinnitus as well.

Just to show how bad his hearing is, he set the timer on the cooker yesterday and was in the kitchen when it went off but couldn't hear it.  I was in the bedroom and could hear it clearly!  He also struggles with car alarms...

No wonder he doesn't hear the key sounds on the phone!

I assume he relies on vibrate and haptic feedback from the screens.

I won't even pretend to understand this affliction.

Message 28 of 121

jonsie
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
It isn't something you would want, believe me!
However the strange thing is that you do get used to it over the years (6+ years for me).

Stick both fingers in your ears and talk and that's how everything sounds to me.

On the plus side I am now quite the expert in lip reading and as I'm sure Tracy will have found, selective hearing has great advantages! We hear only what we want to hear!

Sorry to drag the post off topic, my bad!
Message 29 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently my voice is very 'clear' so he usually hears me!  (I presume he's too polite to say I'm loud!)

He did try hearing aids but they didn't help, they actually made it worse - apparently eating a poppadom in the Indian was awful.  As you can see, he has his priorities!

Message 30 of 121