Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Has anybody else been contacted by CS regarding the Note7 who has pre-ordered the phone but not received it yet? I just had, what I consider to be, the strangest conversation I've ever had with CS.

She was clearly reading from a script as she stumbled over the words. Basically what she was trying to tell me was that Samsung had stopped sending out the Note7s until they had checked and corrected the problem of them catching fire during or after charging.

That's no where near what she actually said but I translated what she did say to the above.

I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression Samsung had sorted out the problem with the Note7, were sending out replacement phones to those who had received the Note7 and once all replacement phones were dealt with, they would start supplying phones to those of us who pre-ordered the phone but had not received it.

Whilst I appreciate CS contacting me about my pre-order - I know that my order is still in the system - it doesn't help when the info provided is contrary to what has gone before.

Oh and she did ask if I would like another phone or wait for the Note7. I said I would wait as I didn't want any other phone.

It could be CS are trying to push another phone (the iphone 7?!) on to me or they have been told to contact us to keep us in the loop. But I am concerned about the info I received as it is more or less opposite what Samsung said in their last statement. Or have I missed something?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lidenbrock
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My understanding is that preordered and collected note7 customers will be top of the priority list to receive replacements first then preordered but not yet delivered will then get their phones. Roll out starts from 19th for first set of replacements, however over the next few weeks there will be further rollouts. That said I collected my note7 from O2 on 30/8/16 - have paid phone in full but have sim and insurance from O2. As yet no idea where I come into the rollout. Received a standard email from Samsung after phoning them. When I visited O2 I was shown the same email on their system. I'd be texted when phone was ready - which is rather silly since the only SIM and phone I have is the Note7 and I'm supposed to power that down!

Message 5 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Samsung are still saying after the 19th.
A few phones have been released as replacements, but I assume no where near all, so fresh orders will still be supplied after they have all been replaced.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Exactly what I thought based on Samsung's statements. But then CS say more or less the opposite. I'm quite happy to wait until all replacements have been received. I will still receive the Note7 earlier than my original upgrade date. At least I hope all replacements and new phones will have been despatched by December! 😮

Message 3 of 58

MI5
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Early November at a guess wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 58

Lidenbrock
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My understanding is that preordered and collected note7 customers will be top of the priority list to receive replacements first then preordered but not yet delivered will then get their phones. Roll out starts from 19th for first set of replacements, however over the next few weeks there will be further rollouts. That said I collected my note7 from O2 on 30/8/16 - have paid phone in full but have sim and insurance from O2. As yet no idea where I come into the rollout. Received a standard email from Samsung after phoning them. When I visited O2 I was shown the same email on their system. I'd be texted when phone was ready - which is rather silly since the only SIM and phone I have is the Note7 and I'm supposed to power that down!

Message 5 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
We're on the same wavelength @MI5. I thought early to mid-November. Still happy to wait.

I may sound crazy but I don't like the iPhone; I just don't like the look of the phone and it doesn't feel as comfortable in the hand. But that's just me.😆

Message 6 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It seems clear they will be replacing those already purchased and delivered before they even get into the ball game of fulfilling other orders. At least they are doing it as quickly as possible ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I would have thought @Lidenbrock that you are part of the replacement rollout.

That you collected your phone and paid for it in full shouldn't make a difference. You have what could be a phone that catches fire during or after charging. You have a Sim card from o2 and, therefore, they are responsible for ensuring your phone is replaced same as those who pre-ordered on a 2 year contract.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!😁

Message 8 of 58

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
No problem with that @Cleoriff. That's as it should be.

Message 9 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
No problem with that @Cleoriff.

I realise that @Glory1. You are obviously a master at the art of patience. Good to hear...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 58