Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Has anybody else been contacted by CS regarding the Note7 who has pre-ordered the phone but not received it yet? I just had, what I consider to be, the strangest conversation I've ever had with CS.

She was clearly reading from a script as she stumbled over the words. Basically what she was trying to tell me was that Samsung had stopped sending out the Note7s until they had checked and corrected the problem of them catching fire during or after charging.

That's no where near what she actually said but I translated what she did say to the above.

I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression Samsung had sorted out the problem with the Note7, were sending out replacement phones to those who had received the Note7 and once all replacement phones were dealt with, they would start supplying phones to those of us who pre-ordered the phone but had not received it.

Whilst I appreciate CS contacting me about my pre-order - I know that my order is still in the system - it doesn't help when the info provided is contrary to what has gone before.

Oh and she did ask if I would like another phone or wait for the Note7. I said I would wait as I didn't want any other phone.

It could be CS are trying to push another phone (the iphone 7?!) on to me or they have been told to contact us to keep us in the loop. But I am concerned about the info I received as it is more or less opposite what Samsung said in their last statement. Or have I missed something?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have finally had some written informatin from O2 via the twitter feed.

They are " HOPING " to exchange all Note 7's by the end of Septemebr and I should hear from them shortly.

Message 51 of 58

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Anonymous that is very good news. So let's hope it's true and their *hopes" are fulfilled.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 52 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rang up last night after the forced software update and o2 said they are waiting for new safe devices to come in and aiming to complete doorstep exchanges by end September. I did query transferring data and bought apps/themes to new safe device, but not going to happen despite what Samsung has said in comms.
Message 53 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
but not going to happen despite what Samsung has said in comms.

What has Samsung said will happen?

Once you pay for an app you can download it again as many times as you wish and Smartswitch will back everything else up on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been informed that I can/will just Smart Switch from current to new handset, or onto laptop and everything will just transfer across as it did when upgraded.

You have bought / downloaded the app so is attached to your play store identification.

Message 55 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah well yet again O2 prove what a total and utter waste of time they are and only interested in Iphone.

Last I heard from them was phone would be exchanged by end of September, and now being told that they have no idea when exchange will happen, but I cant cancel my contract as its been longer than 14 days.

Well they aint getting any money from me.

Message 56 of 58

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous If you feel like this you need to ring CS and get your contract cancelled. If you do that you will owe nothing.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have finally managed to speak to CS after a 36 minute wait for phone to be answered.

Eventually spoke to somebody who appears to know what they are doing ( time will tell ) and I have been informed that its going to be at least " Another " 2 weeks before all exchanges are completed.

Handset being returned and contract cancelled as atotal and complete farce from O2.

They are exchanging handsets on a first come first served basis so if you dont mither them, you dont get.

In my mind that is totally unexceptable.

Message 58 of 58