cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 -- not for existing customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was waiting for Note 4 for quite a while as I can already upgrade my contract but I want this exactly device. Today I noticed that on the O2 website Note 4 is shown as In stock, and you can order it for next day delivery, but if you try to upgrade, it isn't available.

I tried to phone customer support, but with the same result -- they couldn't offer Note 4 as an upgrade.

I don't like this. If it will remain like this tomorrow, I might just switch to another network. Being an O2 customer proves to be a disadvantage.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their has been an alarming trend this month of people on hold for ludicrous amounts of time. 😞

Even Factoring in the iPhone 6 launch they should be answering quicker by now. 😞
Message 31 of 78

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
There are still many people without iPhones and now very little info on the website regarding the Note 4 launch - It's a complete shambles and no surprise there are huge queues of people trying to get through on the phone......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There are still many people without iPhones and now very little info on the website regarding the Note 4 launch - It's a complete shambles and no surprise there are huge queues of people trying to get through on the phone......

And in turn...leaving O2 for some other network that can give them the phone they want NOW...without being made to feel a nuisance....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 78

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Phones are busy this time of year due to android flagships being released and waiting times are being ridiculous.
You should notice better phone service once the heavy load has been reduced and people start getting their Note 4's

Message 34 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you click on the left hand side, it will say view tarriffs and you can select the tarriff and it should let you upgrade your phone. ive just done it grin upgrade.png

Message 35 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found this problem too. However, I found a solution. Go to the upgrade page. Scroll down to tariffs on the left hand side. It'll show you a suggested tarif or you can select others. Select the tarif you want and then proceed......
Message 36 of 78

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good tip, thanks
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a little warning for those upgrading before the glitch is resolved, you wont be able to choose the colour of your phone, so you can receive any of the available colours... as long as u r happy with that..

Message 38 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't speak for others but I wouldn't be happy at not being able to choose the handset colour -> best to wait imo. 😄
Message 39 of 78

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I take it tho that if you ring up with your order number, and tell cs, they can put a desired colour on your picking notes? @Anonymous
Message 40 of 78