cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 4 -- not for existing customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was waiting for Note 4 for quite a while as I can already upgrade my contract but I want this exactly device. Today I noticed that on the O2 website Note 4 is shown as In stock, and you can order it for next day delivery, but if you try to upgrade, it isn't available.

I tried to phone customer support, but with the same result -- they couldn't offer Note 4 as an upgrade.

I don't like this. If it will remain like this tomorrow, I might just switch to another network. Being an O2 customer proves to be a disadvantage.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There's always something wrong somewhere these days 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 78

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Thanks for the clarification @Anonymous Hopefully this will get sorted over the weekend and the OP will be able to get his new phone soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, it's okay then. To be honest, O2 website is way better than Vodafone one, so no grudge slight_smile
Message 23 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
What don't you like about the Vodaphone Site may I ask ?
Message 24 of 78

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
So it is a glitch then.
Message 25 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems odd that this could not be advised to the OP in the communication !
Message 26 of 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The very least they should do is phone you back to upgrade but if you want to wait for the website I just hope it's sorted quickly.

Message 27 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to upgrade mine today over the phone without issues. Well, only issue is they couldn't tell me what colour my phone was going to be!
Message 28 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 hr 32 minutes on phone and still on hold due to not being able to even see if I want to upgrade on the site rather than speak to them on the phone.  So far over 15 mins on the chat waiting to talk to the retention team.  have to say over the many years I have been with O2 I have never recieved such poor service.  I called into an EE store today and had 3 people helping me as 2 of them were learning as much about the note 4 from what I was able to show it doing as I was learning about their network and prices

Message 29 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

1 hr 32 minutes on phone and still on hold due to not being able to even see if I want to upgrade on the site rather than speak to them on the phone.  So far over 15 mins on the chat waiting to talk to the retention team.  have to say over the many years I have been with O2 I have never recieved such poor service.  I called into an EE store today and had 3 people helping me as 2 of them were learning as much about the note 4 from what I was able to show it doing as I was learning about their network and prices

Apparently there is a glitch with the system today. One of our members works for O2 and clarified this earlier. They are working hard to correct this...so probably need to try again tomorrow?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 78