cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freenet Digital

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can O2 please explain why Freenet Digital via O2 has decided to add £4.50 every week to my young son's bill every week since August? I have not been informed of this hidden charge and not authorised this. I would expect this to be refunded ASAP. Please explain.

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum. You need to speak to customer service. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

From what I can see by looking on Google, it's a company called Jamster. It's very possible that your son downloaded a ringtone or possibly wallpaper from them. If you speak to CS they can probably block any further downloads or charges. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum. You need to speak to customer service. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

From what I can see by looking on Google, it's a company called Jamster. It's very possible that your son downloaded a ringtone or possibly wallpaper from them. If you speak to CS they can probably block any further downloads or charges. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The regulators are PhonePayPlus as your son must have inadvertently signed up for a subscription service. Nothing to do with O2 in honesty, they can't be aware of your son's age if the account is in your name and they aren't too know if the subscription was intentional or not. 

Check the 5 digit number the texts are sent from and you can find details and a contract number here : http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

O2 may be sympathetic but you need to get the texts stopped or the charges will continue. 

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some member advice here on dealing with spam http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Jamster seems to be a very popular website with 'the younger generation' .I know from a family member who told me he was about to use it....(till he read the T&C's). The usual problem, people don't realise they will be charged. It isn't a scam as such.....Just something which appeals to some (till they get a bill)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

While on the internet on my mobile yesterday a message suddenly flashed up saying I had subscribed to some service and would be charged £4.50 per week!  I immediately text STOP to the number provided and got a confirmation email saying my "subscription" had been ended.  however checking my O2 account showed that I had immediately been charged £4.50!  How can they be allowed or indeed O2 (which I thought was a reputable company) allow this to happen? i did not solicite this "service", I was snared.

I feel as if I have been mugged  and that O2 NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

I just hope there are no further charges.

Message 6 of 21

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check the 5 digit number the texts are sent from and you can find details and a contact number here  http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

It's nothing to do with O2 I'm afraid. They aren't to know you didn't want to subscribe. That's how these rogue companies make their money, getting you to inadvertently click on a link....

Message 7 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Phonepayplus are the regulators of these scum bags.
Report them. Its the only way to stop them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Many people subscribe willingly to these services. As well as contacting phonepayplus...you also need to contact Freenet Digital direct to claim your money back. Call their support team on 02071369911 or email them at info@jamster.co.uk.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Oh, it's jamster. Takes me back to crazy frog adverts
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 21