Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum PM's

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122372 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Last week I had major problems with my emails on my laptop. I used Incredimail and BT Yahoo mail. Anyway got it all sorted as my husband took them both off and started me on Outlook email....which is ok as it does what I want it to....

All that aside I have noticed a change to emails when informing me of PM's. In the past it was a simple email to say '*Joe Bloggs* has sent you a PM in the O2 community'....you then had to log on to read it.

Now I am getting the same email but if I scroll down the email I can actually read the PM...without logging on at all?.... Very strange. Is this because i have changed to Outlook or what...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys!

I'm not having any problems with the forum but I will double check if there has been any forum maintenance that might have caused this. 

Regarding the new PM email notifications, we made this change last week and as this was something suggested by the community we didn't do a public announcement but if you guys think it's needed we will.  

Message 31 of 68

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
And the hamster?
Message 32 of 68

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm having issues for the last two days every time I initially log on. Frequent error messages when loading posts and replying. I want aware the forum was going down again at nights as I'm not usually logged on at that time. Time it was sorted now. 

Message 33 of 68

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys!

I'm not having any problems with the forum but I will double check if there has been any forum maintenance that might have caused this. 

Regarding the new PM email notifications, we made this change last week and as this was something suggested by the community we didn't do a public announcement but if you guys think it's needed we will.  

No need for an announcement as all the regulars are now aware.

However, the repeated forum glitches do need to be sorted out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 68

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

Regarding the PM notification change. Played around with it last week and pushed it live yesteday - you were quick to notice. grin Sorry for it coming as a surprise. I wanted to actually just try it out to see if it's the preferred way to display the notifications, so let's have it like this for a little while, and you can let me know if it's something you prefer to keep. The goal is to basically make it less cumbersome for you guys to read what was sent to you straight away from the email notification, without having to login first to read it (of course you still need to login to the forum in order to reply to the sender).

Also yes, the notification message body (and everything else in the email) is only visible to the person getting the notification, i.e. recipient of the PM, so nothing has changed there.

Message 35 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122372 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the info @Marjo and @Anonymous. PM's I must have noticed the change in PM format as soon as it went live then...:smileywink: I will say if it is a long PM you only see the first few lines (not the complete PM).

The forum downtime over the last few days is getting very very annoying. I was replying to Viridis on this thread, went to post and bam it was gone. Three times in one week is not good..Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 68

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for the info @Marjo and @Anonymous. PM's I must have noticed the change in PM format as soon as it went live then...:smileywink: I will say if it is a long PM you only see the first few lines (not the complete PM).

The forum downtime over the last few days is getting very very annoying. I was replying to Viridis on this thread, went to post and bam it was gone. Three times in one week is not good..Smiley Frustrated

Ok, cheers for the info. We'll investigate. If any of you happen to encounter this and there's an error message displayed, can you pop me a screenshot by any chance via PM? It would help as I haven't come across this myself yet.

Message 37 of 68

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'll be posting at least one shortly.....apart from error messages the site is very slow!

Message 38 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122372 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I got on via email notification with no problem just now. It's waiting for the site to go down again this evening that is more annoying.

I know maintenance has to be done....but I fail to see why the forum has to go offline whilst they do it. Personally I don't think its anything to do with routine maintenance. Far too many times in a week...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 68

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions