Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum PM's

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Last week I had major problems with my emails on my laptop. I used Incredimail and BT Yahoo mail. Anyway got it all sorted as my husband took them both off and started me on Outlook email....which is ok as it does what I want it to....

All that aside I have noticed a change to emails when informing me of PM's. In the past it was a simple email to say '*Joe Bloggs* has sent you a PM in the O2 community'....you then had to log on to read it.

Now I am getting the same email but if I scroll down the email I can actually read the PM...without logging on at all?.... Very strange. Is this because i have changed to Outlook or what...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Anyway...I am now reassured. I still think it would have been 'nice' had O2 informed us this change was about to happen?!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 68

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Let them concentrate on announcing phones are actually released first lol.
Message 12 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Let them concentrate on announcing phones are actually released first lol.

Depends on your priorities Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 68

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you remember back when Chiara was around, she confirmed that it was possible for admin to read PM's but they would only do it if there was serious enough reason for them to do so.
We have to trust in the integrity of admin or use some other means of private communication.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you remember back when Chiara was around, she confirmed that it was possible for admin to read PM's but they would only do it if there was serious enough reason for them to do so.
We have to trust in the integrity of admin or use some other means of private communication.

I know that has always been the case Rich....but I got a bit worried that now this PM content  was on display in my email...they 'could' be on display to admin...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 68

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As above - it's no different.
Admin can read them if they choose to. Having them in an email doesn't change that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I know my question posted was based on the change to PM's ...which has been answered......I wonder if I have just opened another 'can of worms' by querying security...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 68

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No more or less secure now unless someone hacks your email account.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 68

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I did not know that....

You mean "T" can read all my innuendo laden pms to "M" and "M" can read pms asking "T" to remove adult blocks cuz I'm bored at work??

Message 19 of 68

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I did not know that....

You mean "T" can read all my innuendo laden pms to "M" and "M" can read pms asking "T" to remove adult blocks cuz I'm bored at work??

Yup Dance

Currently using:
Message 20 of 68