Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Issues addressed to O2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Further to Adams post and voting options, I have taken the liberty of carrying on from there with a post aimed directly at our O2 friends.
...so here goes....
@ Abs and Chris
I think we all have the knowledge and know-how to check for and spot these bogus isp's and the newly registered users who spam the forum to ridiculous levels. I think the only answer under the present circumstances is for the 6 ,7, 8 and more regular forum police, ie US, to be empowered to remove this stuff and these members ourselves.
Can you understand how frustrating it is for us to regularly red flag this rubbish when there is no moderator deleting it? It stays on the forum for hours and a spammer can post 20 or more threads without them being removed before the gods deem fit to delete them and ban them. Strange they can't deem it fit to ban the ISPs.
Good Lord, nothing else is working and the promised improvements of some 6 months ago don't seem likely to happen any time soon. Nothing at all from O2 regards to updates for months and I, for one, am sick of false expectations.
Abs or Chris @O2, any words of wisdom for us? Come on, give us a go, let us self police the spam. I personally can guarantee I will cut the spam by more than 25% and quite probably a great deal more (but unlike O2, I'm not into false promises!)
Between us 99.9% will be gone before the moderators even begin to think about fulfilling their contractual obligations (probably another pin in the effigy that O2 moderators keep of me)
Come on O2, give us a try. Strewth, WE won't even cost you a penny! (a bar of chocolate every now and then would do but please send one to our resident P&G expert prking who I would always ask advice before calling customer service! A bar of chocolate is the very least he deserves! Mind you, his postman has put a bit of weight on lately!)
To O2.
The regular contributors on this forum are keeping it going and we have valued advisers in all the sections of the forum. You know who they are but I will mention a few to remind you:
adamtemps64 expertise in all things iphone and business contracts
perksie expertise in broadband and home phone
npr1 expertise in broadband, routers, gaming etc. with his own helpsite for O2 problems
prking expertise in all things P&G, consumer law, Oftel Ofcom, Nokia and much more
beaufighter expertise in all aspects of tariffs and contracts
browni expertise in broadband, Nokia and forum rules and moderator of a similar customer forum.
wanty & canwefixit expertise in most thing O2, tariffs, contracts, P&G, t&cs etc.
oliver341 expertise in all things broadband with easy to follow tutorials for the less experienced.
sheepdog and giamburrasca expertise in all things Blackberry
O2MACH2, brendan2002, strange visitor, ancient fergueson, DaveC, DAW,darrengf,waylander, Jawswing, greatcap, mathrin, ravefromthegrave and I claim the right to name myself, who have been invaluable to other members of the forum with our own experience and the knowledge we have picked up from the above members.
Deepest apologies to anyone who feels slighted by no mention in these lists, no disrespect to anyone and as it is now around 6:20am my excuse is tiredness and a pathetic memory dimmed by the uncontrollable suicidal tendencies of my remaining brain cells!
Seriously O2. Look at all the above people, the time they spend on the forum, the thought and knowledge that goes into their replies to some of the complex queries and the more simple straightforward obvious queries. These questions have in some cases been to various departments in customer service without satisfactory resolutions and we have had a wealth of knowledge and expertise to help your customers and taken lots of pressure off customer service.
You promised us the earth with regards to forum changes, spam etc with a whole new design fully supported by O2 staff. It's time to deliver and if you can't, then let us at least police the spam on here until your new forum is unleashed on everyone.
In case the mods take offence to this post, and may I be so bold as to say that they will fail in their obligations should they decide to remove this post, I am taking the precaution of PMing the post to Ab & Chris @O2.
Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions
I take great exception to your above post!
I know bugger all about iphones grin
Proud Nokia owner
#siwy
Message 2 of 63

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Great post perhaps adding business contracts to mine been one for 9 years and before that consumer tariff O2 / cellnet since my first mobile.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now if only some of my posts didn't disappear 😞
Message 4 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nicely worded, I fully support what is written here and have cast my votes (plural) in the other thread too. I can also identify with the treatment that ravefromthegrave has received for trying to help, I've been on the recieving end of exactly the same thing, in fact I haven't flagged or highlighted a spammer since it happened to me, I was so appalled at the skewed "loyalty" :womanindifferent: displayed.
Message 5 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very good sincere post stevy and there is not a word any of us would disagree with.
Message 6 of 63

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Excellent post Steve, let's hope someone will listen!
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 63

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Hm, my last post was deleted! :womanindifferent: needless to say, it was a criticism of the moderators. perhaps it was a little too direct.
Message 8 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awww thanks stevy, that's lovely. xx
Message 9 of 63

jonsie
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I was thinking of mentioning your friend wolfmansgotnards but I think you scared him off grin
Message 10 of 63